Week 2: Science Hill at David Crockett

BigDave1967

Coach Bosken said after the game his team couldn't tackle.

Legend has it Davy Crockett died with his hands clutching knives buried in the guts of two Mexican solders. 4 others dead enemy solders were near him as well. In other words Davy Crockett died with his boots on...fighting to the end. He didn't whine that he was overwhelmed and it wasn't fair. I think if you asked him [if you could], he would want his name back.

Edited by DayTripper

Coach Bosken said after the game his team couldn't tackle.

Legend has it Davy Crockett died with his hands clutching knives buried in the guts of two Mexican solders. 4 others dead enemy solders were near him as well. In other words Davy Crockett died with his boots on...fighting to the end. He didn't whine that he was overwhelmed and it wasn't fair. I think if you asked him [if you could], he would want his name back.

You can't bring knives on the field and its hard to run with boots on.

In blowout games (like this one is going to be), it is very difficult to predict a final score.    SH will not play starters in the 2nd half, it might be better to just predict the halftime score, so here goes....    SH  48-0 at the half.       Final might be something like 60-13, but the halftime score is what really matters, that is the result of the 1's against the 1's.

SH-63 Crockett-27. Final.

Toppers were up 21-0 five minutes into the game, then I don't know what the heck happened. It seemed like they just lost focus. Crockett hung around for a good while. I'll give the Pioneers credit though. They are definitely a much better team than last year. TK Hill is legit. He slashed the Topper defense for some huge gains and ended up with 235 yards on 21 carries. The Crockett QB is also much-improved from last year.

SH is going to have to come out a lot more focused next week against MO West if they want to win.

SH-63 Crockett-27. Final.

Toppers were up 21-0 five minutes into the game, then I don't know what the heck happened. It seemed like they just lost focus. Crockett hung around for a good while. I'll give the Pioneers credit though. They are definitely a much better team than last year. TK Hill is legit. He slashed the Topper defense for some huge gains and ended up with 235 yards on 21 carries. The Crockett QB is also much-improved from last year.

SH is going to have to come out a lot more focused next week against MO West if they want to win.

Kind of surprising to hear that after watching them barely squeak by East a couple of weeks ago.  Hill did put up similar numbers against them though.

Science Hill will have a tough stretch for the next few weeks against Mo' West, Siegel, and BA.  They'll have to maintain their focus.  Siegel who may very well be 0-4 when they play Science Hill will have to be taken seriously, especially since they played Riverdale, Ooltewah, Oakland, and will play McCallie next week.

Kind of surprising to hear that after watching them barely squeak by East a couple of weeks ago.  Hill did put up similar numbers against them though.

Science Hill will have a tough stretch for the next few weeks against Mo' West, Siegel, and BA.  They'll have to maintain their focus.  Siegel who may very well be 0-4 when they play Science Hill will have to be taken seriously, especially since they played Riverdale, Ooltewah, Oakland, and will play McCallie next week.

Siegel will be battle hardened for sure but they are only a shell of a team they were last year. Graduation hit them hard. I think Science Hill will outscore them by a couple td's.

I knew Crockett would be better than last year. They deserve some props because they really have improved. TK Hill is going to be a real good one for them. He's just a sophomore from what I was told and to be honest, he impressed me more than Ethan Thomas from Elizabethton.

SH is really going to have to find their focus this week. They keep getting these big leads early in the game and then letting up. It happened vs Elizabethton last week and Crockett last night. And they have got to learn you never overlook an opponent, which they did with the Pioneers. In talking to some of the players this week, they were acting like the game vs Crockett was nothing more than a joke. It will be interesting to see how they come out next week vs Siegel. I think Carter and company will have them prepared.