McMinn Central vs. Sequoyah

AcrossTheMiddle

Saw this posted in the football forum just not in 3A and 4A so I figured I would create one here. The Chargers (2-0) come off a 43-20 win vs. Boyd-Buchanan while Sequoyah (1-1) hopes to bounce back from a 42-22 loss vs. Walker Valley. Thoughts on how this game turns out?

Edited by AcrossTheMiddle

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not so sure I would call this a easy win for either team...but a win for either would be a big step toward a district title.  I've been looking at the teams each have played, Sequoyah played Tellico and Walker Valley ,a combined record of 3-1. Central played McMinn County and Boyd Buchanon, a combined record of 0-4.  We could go deeper, McMinn County coach said this season would be his biggest rebuilding challenge in 26 years.  Of course other facts are Sequoyah graduated nearly a whole team of starters, Central has a lot of players back from last years team and this is where the Chargers should have the edge.  All I'm saying is, this game may be a closer than you think, district games are huge and this one should be a good one! 

Not so sure I would call this a easy win for either team...but a win for either would be a big step toward a district title.  I've been looking at the teams each have played, Sequoyah played Tellico and Walker Valley ,a combined record of 3-1. Central played McMinn County and Boyd Buchanon, a combined record of 0-4.  We could go deeper, McMinn County coach said this season would be his biggest rebuilding challenge in 26 years.  Of course other facts are Sequoyah graduated nearly a whole team of starters, Central has a lot of players back from last years team and this is where the Chargers should have the edge.  All I'm saying is, this game may be a closer than you think, district games are huge and this one should be a good one! 

Seqouyah is no Roody-poot ball team.  It will take a great effort to gain a win.  Size looks good, again.  I too look for a good game.  I will say this, MCentral has looked better this year than I have seen in a while.  We have good size, speed, and skill players.  Finally all combinations are in place.  I of course want to see the Chargers continue on the W side.  This game will definently set the tone for a district run.

I will nullify the McMinn loss against McCallie, because McCallie is for real this year.  It is so hard to gauge this early in the season where each team is.  I do know that Boyd should have won the Red Bank game.  Not sure what that says?