Lavergne vs. Stewarts Creek

oldfan41

Lavergne will probably win that one but Stewie is starting the narrow the gap between their program and the rest of the district - example: gave up 41 (?) at Tullahoma last year, gave up 14 in a blowout win this year vs. the virtually same Tullahoma team.  The real tests are still sitting out there for both teams. Can LHS compete vs. the veteran teams in the county better than they did against Smyrna?  Can Stewie sweep their out-of-county opponents - Gallatin who they got way ahead of and lost to last year and Summit who they already dominated last season.  Three to four wins for a new program with a tough schedule wouldn't be so horrible.  If this is the only district game LHS wins, there is a problem over there.  I guess they are both "automatic qualifiers" starting next year for the playoffs, but it's a plan I don't agree with.

I also don't agree with Stewie playing Ravenwood and Gallatin right off the bat.  They should have been playing whoever the two most undermanned metro schools are right now.

Lavergne will probably win that one but Stewie is starting the narrow the gap between their program and the rest of the district - example: gave up 41 (?) at Tullahoma last year, gave up 14 in a blowout win this year vs. the virtually same Tullahoma team.  The real tests are still sitting out there for both teams. Can LHS compete vs. the veteran teams in the county better than they did against Smyrna?  Can Stewie sweep their out-of-county opponents - Gallatin who they got way ahead of and lost to last year and Summit who they already dominated last season.  Three to four wins for a new program with a tough schedule wouldn't be so horrible.  If this is the only district game LHS wins, there is a problem over there.  I guess they are both "automatic qualifiers" starting next year for the playoffs, but it's a plan I don't agree with.

I also don't agree with Stewie playing Ravenwood and Gallatin right off the bat.  They should have been playing whoever the two most undermanned metro schools are right now.

I totally disagrees with you. I respect SC's choices in foes. If ur going to compete in this district u got to step up. As 4 the new playoff system I'm not sure yet. Lavergne is what it is. A coach has to do the best he can with the students he has. Long story,

not enough time.

Gallatin was coming off the worst season in 40+ years as well. I was impressed with Stewarts Creek last year for being such a young team. Gallatin had to fight for everything in last years game. Facilities were top of the line as well. Fans were very nice as well.

GWAVE u been coming to Murfreesboro long enough to know we only know how to do it one way here. Top notch with a big side of southern hospitality. Regardless of which school.

Edited by oldfan41

GWAVE u been coming to Murfreesboro long enough to know we only know how to do it one way here. Top notch with a big side of southern hospitality. Regardless of which school.

Rutherford County believes in big schools with close complexes. They spend the money and do it right. Sumner on the other hand wants smaller schools and does not spend the money like Rutherford.

Yeah I have been to Murfreesboro once or twice haha!