3-0 Campbell County vs. 3-0 Anderson County preview

Mav4life

Cant argue that, but still have to put the pressure on, and you dont have to be blazing fast you just have to be able to match up with the opponent and I feel AC can match CC in the skill positions

That's right and the trenches will be where this game is won. We better them in that phase of the game and the Mavs get the victory.

You all just keep patting yourself on the back and keep telling yourself how good you all are. .lol.lol ....I'm going to love too hear the excuses come Saturday morning.. anybody want to bet on hats I'm open for business. Lol.lol

Nobody is patting anyone on the back Hog so quit fishing and trying to make everyone seem so erogant, here is the break down from my perspective:

AC offensive line vs. CC offensive line: advantage AC - 1-0

AC defensive line vs. CC defensive line: Advantage AC - 2-0

AC receivers vs. CC secondary: pretty even - 2-0

AC secondary vs. CC receivers: pretty even - 2-0

AC secondary vs. CC QB: advantage CC - 2-1

AC QB vs. CC secondary: slight advantage CC, though that is yet to be seen - 2-1.5

AC Special Teams vs. CC special teams: pretty even, neither seems great - 2-1.5

AC Linebackers vs. CC running game: Advantage AC - 3-1.5

CC Linebackers vs. AC running game: Advantage AC - 4-1.5

AC Linebackers vs. CC passing game: Advantage CC - 4-2.5

CC Linebackers vs. AC passing game: probably pretty even, but due to the unknown slight advantage to CC - 4-3

AC coaching vs. CC: though I am partial to taking Gillum over price due to experience I will call this one even because Price is very good for CC and is a good coach: 4-3

Home vs. Away: Advantage AC - 5-3

I feel the game and players come out pretty even and had the game been at CC I would have scored it a toss up at 4-4...going to be great game and no I will not take a bet on wearing a CC hat.  Though I feel AC will win this one it is never a lock and I absolutely refuse to wear a CC hat lol, I would rather lose to a good CC team than risk that on my head lol

3-0 (1-0) Campbell County @ 3-0 (2-0) Anderson County

All Rankings have not been updated from Friday Nights Games, when the updates come in I will let you have them, but here are the numbers prior to Friday Night:

National Rankings via M A X P R E P S:

AC: 1,197 CC: 1,087

State Rankings via M A X P R E P S:

AC: 39 CC: 33

5A Rankings via M A X P R E P S:

AC: 7 CC: 6

AP Poll for 5A:

AC: 5 CC: 8

Opponents Avg. Rankings – National, State, Classification:

AC: 5,630 – 152 – 27

CC: 10,153 – 632 – 33

Highest Ranked Opponent:

AC: 2,669 – 80 – 17

CC: 3,750 – 111 – 21

Lowest Ranked Opponent:

AC: 9,786 – 251 – 41

CC: 14,026 – 311 – 52

Opponents Best Record:

AC: 2-1 CC: 1-1

Opponents Worst Record:

AC: 0-3 CC: 1-2

Average Opponents respected Classification:

AC: 4.3 CC: 3

Average Opponents Record:

AC: 3-6 CC: 3-5

Points Scored (avg.):

AC: 108 (36) CC: 153 (51)

Points Allowed (avg.):

AC: 33 (11) CC: 34 (11)

Avg. Margin of victory:

AC: 25 CC: 40

Largest Margin of victory:

AC: 38 CC: 64

Smallest Margin of Victory:

AC: 16 CC: 8

Power Rankings:

AC: 123.34 (49th) CC: 113.12 (99th)

Shedule ranking:

AC: 96.7 CC: 75.46

AC leads Series 13-3

CC last victory over AC was in 1992

AC Average Margin of Victory: 31-8

Largest Margin in series: AC by 49

Coaches:

AC’s Coach Davey Gillum has a record of 43-21 (67%) at Anderson County and is in his 6th year at AC while Campbell County’s Head Coach Justin Price has a record of 19-16 (54%) in his 3 years at CC. Coach Gillum has taken the Mavericks to the playoffs every year and has gone as deep as the 3rd round 3 of the 5 seasons which is a feat no other coach at AC has ever done. Justin Price has taken the Cougars to the Playoffs once in his 3 years as the head coach but has recorded the school first ever playoff victory just last season. Head to Head Coach Gillum leads the series over Coach Price 3-0 with victories of 26-21, 36-0 and 38-14 for an average victory of 33-12. Both teams are coming off tremendous seasons where they each won 9 regular season games, the Cougars lone regular season loss was to the Mavericks, while the Mavericks loss in the regular season came at the hands of the Powell Panthers. AC made a run in the playoffs losing the the Quarterfinals to State Runner up Knox West by a score of 32-19. Campbell County’s playoff loss also came at the hand of the West Rebels in the second round by a score of 50-18.

2013 by the numbers

Record:

AC: 11-2 (2-1 post season)

CC: 10-2 (1-1 post season)

2013 Avg points per game:

AC: 41 CC: 35

2013 Avg. points allowed:

AC†23 CC: 19

This years matchup marks the 17th meeting between the 2 teams and the 4th between the 2 Head Coaches, last years meeting saw the Mavericks go up 13-0 before the Cougars came back to take the lead in the 3rd then the Mavericks marched down the field using a balanced offensive attack to take the lead, it took a final interception by AC to seal the win in what was a great game that no one at the time new would go down to determine the 2013 District Championship. This years match-up looks like it has the makings of becoming just as entertaining as well as important in the district as last seasons. AC Looks to have a much improved Defense from last seasons so far, though they have not been tested in the secondary like they will be on Friday night. AC also has the states returning rusher in Matt Fox who Campbell County did a fairly descent job at containing last season. CC comes in with one of the most dangerous passing attacks in the state with a solid QB in Jeffers and good skill position players around him. I look for this game to be another thriller and for both teams to bring their “A†game. If AC can do what they normally do at the line of scrimmage than I feel they can control the game on the offensive side of the ball, but defensively they will have to play lights out and not let Jeffers have too much time. Last season I think AC tried to keep the major plays at a minimum and played to not get beat on Defense which cost us some points, I do not see this defense being built that way, I would look for AC to pin their ears back and play very aggressive on defense this season, we seem to be faster in the secondary and with players like Johnson I think we force CC to make some mistakes and AC will capitalize and wear CC down. If we can knock the receivers off the routes and put Pressure on Jeffers I think we can win the game, however we can not let him sit back and pick us apart. If you are planning on going to this one you better get there early, I could easily see there being over 9,000 people at this game because it is going to be a good one. My prediction is AC finds a way to win at home with solid defense and a brutal running attack:

AC: 28

CC: 21

Great job Mav! CoachT should hire you to break down all the local games! I haven't the time nor the patience to gather all of this info!

Nobody is patting anyone on the back Hog so quit fishing and trying to make everyone seem so erogant, here is the break down from my perspective:

AC offensive line vs. CC offensive line: advantage AC - 1-0

AC defensive line vs. CC defensive line: Advantage AC - 2-0

AC receivers vs. CC secondary: pretty even - 2-0

AC secondary vs. CC receivers: pretty even - 2-0

AC secondary vs. CC QB: advantage CC - 2-1

AC QB vs. CC secondary: slight advantage CC, though that is yet to be seen - 2-1.5

AC Special Teams vs. CC special teams: pretty even, neither seems great - 2-1.5

AC Linebackers vs. CC running game: Advantage AC - 3-1.5

CC Linebackers vs. AC running game: Advantage AC - 4-1.5

AC Linebackers vs. CC passing game: Advantage CC - 4-2.5

CC Linebackers vs. AC passing game: probably pretty even, but due to the unknown slight advantage to CC - 4-3

AC coaching vs. CC: though I am partial to taking Gillum over price due to experience I will call this one even because Price is very good for CC and is a good coach: 4-3

Home vs. Away: Advantage AC - 5-3

I feel the game and players come out pretty even and had the game been at CC I would have scored it a toss up at 4-4...going to be great game and no I will not take a bet on wearing a CC hat.  Though I feel AC will win this one it is never a lock and I absolutely refuse to wear a CC hat lol, I would rather lose to a good CC team than risk that on my head lol

good deal thank you for you opinion I guess we see it differently I think our lines o and d are more even than you think we do not give up many sacks and our run defense is much improved and I will also disagree about the secondary .I personal think that is were we will win the game exploiting the miss matches but hey its just a opinion. But y it will be a good game either way and that's why I love Friday nights. At least you and I can discuss it and see the others prospective without the BS.

good deal thank you for you opinion I guess we see it differently I think our lines o and d are more even than you think we do not give up many sacks and our run defense is much improved and I will also disagree about the secondary .I personal think that is were we will win the game exploiting the miss matches but hey its just a opinion. But y it will be a good game either way and that's why I love Friday nights. At least you and I can discuss it and see the others prospective without the BS.

That sir I am happy about, no personal crap with me lol, just love HS football