District 9AA- 2014-2015

buledievlpdrie

Cheatham off to a nice 4-0 start after a big win on the road at Franklin last night. They are going to be much better than anticipated. Lots of young guys stepping up and playing well-should get tested again on the road against Kenwood this Friday. Go Cubs!

I know that Jordan Darden is playing a Motlow State, what about Saunders?  Is he playing collegiately anywhere?

This league is Cheatham's to lose- Heritage aint got nothing for the Cubs and Harpeth will self-destruct. Barring any major injuries the Cubs will win this league.

The Cubs are a very good team- well coached and return enough strong players that they should repeat as regular season champs.

Wishful thinking. 

I know that Jordan Darden is playing a Motlow State, what about Saunders?  Is he playing collegiately anywhere?

Saunders was at Motlow at the start of year, but didn't feel comfortable there and made the decision to leave. He should be playing elsewhere next year. I know Darden has been starting for a very good Motlow team. Wesley Harlan is playing at Martin Methodist, who is off to a great start as well.

Wishful thinking. 

I could be wrong on this, but I don't believe capn is a Cubs fan(not exclusively at least). Cubs win at Franklin is clearly the best win of any team in 9aa thus far. As I said earlier in the thread, there should be a lot of competitive district games this year. Good luck to all teams and Go Cubs!

Edited by mumbletypeg

Saunders was at Motlow at the start of year, but didn't feel comfortable there and made the decision to leave. He should be playing elsewhere next year. I know Darden has been starting for a very good Motlow team. Wesley Harlan is playing at Martin Methodist, who is off to a great start as well.

I could be wrong on this, but I don't believe capn is a Cubs fan(not exclusively at least). Cubs win at Franklin is clearly the best win of any team in 9aa thus far. As I said earlier in the thread, there should be a lot of competitive district games this year. Good luck to all teams and Go Cubs!

Should also be noted that Davis Anderton is playing at Martin Methodist. 

Very good observation mumbletypeg- I am not a Cubs fan but do know several of the players there since they were very small. 

I know that they are very good and from what I have observed in 9AA it is their title to lose- despite whatever nonsense cleggy may think. Wishful thinking cleggy may be that your team( whoever that is) can get 2nd place and stay away from the Cubs in the 1st and 2nd round of the tournament as they travel this road to a 9AA championship.

If I am wrong I will be the first to admit it- but in the words of Sir Charles, "I may be wrong but I doubt it!"

I am thankful to hear that most of the top players from 9AA last year are playing ball in college.  Only one I haven't heard of is Dillon White from Motown.  The District was blessed with a load of talent last year and ALL of the teams are in rebuilding mode as far as I'm concerned.  I don't think Cheatham will be contenders at all.  IMO Motown, Harpeth and Heritage have the best shot at the title this year.  As usual, that may be the only bright spot for our 9AA teams as the T$$AA still allows semi-pro CPA to compete with the publics.  Even if you throw them out, you still face the challenges of playing a East Lit. or Pearl Cohn in the Regions.   I watched Heritage hang with PC last night for a half and then just get wore down in the 2nd half for a double digit loss.  However, I liked what I saw in the first half from the Patriots. 

I know that Jordan Darden is playing a Motlow State, what about Saunders? Is he playing collegiately anywhere?

Saunders couldn't handle the pressure. And I highly doubt he will be anywhere next year. He doesn't have to grades nor attitude to complete at the college level.

On another note, Cheatham is better than anyone thought they would be, although I see Harpeth still pulling this one off. They lost the distric championship last year in a hard fought battle. Anyone that was at the game knows that Harpeth had that game, until they broke down. They will be coming for blood this year. We will see how Harpeth does against East this Tuesday as they play them on the road this week

Saunders couldn't handle the pressure. And I highly doubt he will be anywhere next year. He doesn't have to grades nor attitude to complete at the college level.

On another note, Cheatham is better than anyone thought they would be, although I see Harpeth still pulling this one off. They lost the distric championship last year in a hard fought battle. Anyone that was at the game knows that Harpeth had that game, until they broke down. They will be coming for blood this year. We will see how Harpeth does against East this Tuesday as they play them on the road this week

I highly doubt that any of the drivel in this biased and uninformed post will come to fruition. It must have been very hard on you to watch Saunders lead all of those Harpeth massacres the last few years. Hopefully this year's Cubs can continue their dominance of the Indians. Edited by mumbletypeg

Harpeth certainly put a scare in the Cub faithful in last year's championship game but the Cubs were killer in the clutch.  The 3's by Saunders were just like nails in a coffin.  Too bad that a kid with that much natural ability and potential isn't "comfortable" in college.  While the Austin kid is a good high school player, the Cubs will not replace what they lost and will come back down to earth in District play.  Even with one of the better teams in recent memory, the Cubs couldn't handle CPA.  

I wouldn't say Saunders put the final nails in the coffin. I would definitely say Harlan did the nailing to the Harpeth squad last year in the championship game, and he did not get the credit he deserved. Harlan lead the team that game when the Harpeth team played good enough defense on Saunders to win the game. However, Harlan was Cheathams saving grace for sure in that game. That game was a long time ago and it's time to move on. The Cheatham squad will be much better than expected this year. Douglas is my favorite on the team for sure, he's a great leader and hustles every play. I still don't see them being able to handle the guard play of Harpeth though. Heritage could surprise me this season after losing Siezmore and Cunningham. I'm excited for distric play. I want to see how this works out