District 9AA- 2014-2015

buledievlpdrie

I wouldn't say Saunders put the final nails in the coffin. I would definitely say Harlan did the nailing to the Harpeth squad last year in the championship game, and he did not get the credit he deserved. Harlan lead the team that game when the Harpeth team played good enough defense on Saunders to win the game. However, Harlan was Cheathams saving grace for sure in that game. That game was a long time ago and it's time to move on. The Cheatham squad will be much better than expected this year. Douglas is my favorite on the team for sure, he's a great leader and hustles every play. I still don't see them being able to handle the guard play of Harpeth though. Heritage could surprise me this season after losing Siezmore and Cunningham. I'm excited for distric play. I want to see how this works out

I agree on your point about Harlan.  He shot the lights out in the district championship game and was the "x" factor that showed up that night.  Classy guy.  

Wesley Harlan is one of the finest young men you will ever meet. He does things the right way and gets every ounce out of his ability. He will be successful in whatever he chooses to do in life.

As far as Saunders, it is simply not right to call young people out on anonymous message boards and make statements about them that are untrue. I noticed that was your 2nd post 615. If you are a kid then I get the immaturity, but if you are an adult you are pathetic. Many kids go away to college and aren't happy with the decision they made. Does that mean they can't hack it? Maybe they just made the wrong choice. I guess Larry Bird "couldn't handle the pressure" when he left IU a week into his college basketball career. Knowing Jake Saunders I would say it is highly likely that he will make you eat your words in the not too distant future.

Wesley Harlan is one of the finest young men you will ever meet. He does things the right way and gets every ounce out of his ability. He will be successful in whatever he chooses to do in life.

As far as Saunders, it is simply not right to call young people out on anonymous message boards and make statements about them that are untrue. I noticed that was your 2nd post 615. If you are a kid then I get the immaturity, but if you are an adult you are pathetic. Many kids go away to college and aren't happy with the decision they made. Does that mean they can't hack it? Maybe they just made the wrong choice. I guess Larry Bird "couldn't handle the pressure" when he left IU a week into his college basketball career. Knowing Jake Saunders I would say it is highly likely that he will make you eat your words in the not too distant future.

I want Jake to prove me wrong. I want the kid to succeed. I just don't think as much credit should be awarded that has been given in the last. He might have led the team on paper. But Harlan had the leadership and poise needed to win.

However on a side note, I have been out of the area for awhile now. Once upon a time I played for HHS. But no time recently. I just enjoyed watching the boys play last year. Didn't mean to sound attacking towards Saunders. No harm was meant toward the Kid

Harlan definitely was the difference maker in the champ. game. Cheatham would not have been the same without him.  They don't have him, or saunders, or darden now or that other big post so I stand by my eval.  Not to say they wont be competitive.  maybe they will make me eat my words but I just don't see it.  Wait till you see Sizemore and Cunninghams replacements.  See all yall in a couple of weeks. 

Sad White House doesn't run things anymore.  All though most of you don't care ill let ya in on a little future prediction.  White House assistant coach Tyler Welch will take over hopefully next year if not in 2 years.  He will have his middle school players that are use to he's system.  When he takes over White House will run things again.  They have 2 eight graders who are the best eighth graders I've ever seen play outside of youtube videos and cpa stud eight grader who starts for them already.  Jared Ward had 32 in a game and in the same game he teammate had 42pts.  Ive never heard of that in an eight grade game final score was 86-82 they won.  But the future is bright for the blue devils.  

Sad White House doesn't run things anymore.  All though most of you don't care ill let ya in on a little future prediction.  White House assistant coach Tyler Welch will take over hopefully next year if not in 2 years.  He will have his middle school players that are use to he's system.  When he takes over White House will run things again.  They have 2 eight graders who are the best eighth graders I've ever seen play outside of youtube videos and cpa stud eight grader who starts for them already.  Jared Ward had 32 in a game and in the same game he teammate had 42pts.  Ive never heard of that in an eight grade game final score was 86-82 they won.  But the future is bright for the blue devils.

I heard one of those 8th graders has a planned visit with JPII in January. It would only make since for a stud to move out of AA basketball. Far more exposure in Div II.

If so it was probably Ward.  He's dad is kind of one of those coach dads.  So it wouldn't be up to the kid either way.  And i disagree.  IDC what level of ball you play if your good enough they will find you.  It doesn't matter what league you play high school ball in.  All of your exposure is in AAU.  So if thats the reason for the move it would be ignorant.  

. They have a sorry coach right now. So why don't they fire the sorry one and hire the good one.

So District play is now under way. After looking at the scores looks like Harpeth and Cheatham took care of business easily. Was surprised by the Heritage-White House Game after reading how "great" Heritage is supposed to be to only beat the devils by ten with the devils just getting their football players back last week, in a game that was actually closer than the 10 point final spread.

Games this Friday who do you got??

Sycamore @ White House

Greenbrier @ Harpeth

Heritage @ Westmoreland

Tyler is years ahead of his age in basketball knowledge. True student of the game. Played under an outstanding basketball mind in Danny Mathis. The coach they have now has been around for years at other schools and if I had to guess he's waiting around for a retirement or something. Idk the guy never met him but he obviously isn't winning. Danny Mathis totally upended the White House program and took an awful program to 3 sub states and a state tourney in 4 years. I was there and our talent was nothing special. It was a special coach and kids that respected and listened to him. All we can do is wait and see but we can come and check this when it happens.