Whitehaven hasn't fallen off, teams are stronger now!

coach10ac

Next, Fulton is not down at all my friend. They are 4A and have beaten three 6A teams by an average of 73 points (83-3, 84-0, and 55-0)!! They beat a solid Farragut team 55-0. Dobyns-Bennett (one of the best 6A teams in East TN) beat Farragut by 4 points (31-27). I would actually put money that Fulton would beat Maryville if they played this year. Maryville has those same three 6A teams on their schedule, and they will not beat them as soundly as Fulton did.

However, I do follow high school football closely ;)

This reminds me of " It's a Wonderful Life " where an Angel gets it's Wings every time a Bell rings .... Except here it's Fulton Scores another TouchDown every time Coach Quarles loses another IFL Game .... :mrgreen:

Hey TinPig .... I can Promise you 2 things about those " Common opponents "  #1 - No , Maryville will not run up the Score ... Uh , I mean beat them as Soundly as Fulton did ... and  #2 -  ... No one from Maryville wants Maryville to beat those Opponents as " Soundly " as Fulton did .... Since you Follow High School Football so Closely ( compare scores in the paper ) I'm sure you already know over the last 15 years or so that Maryville could of beaten many , many teams as " Soundly " ( 80 plus points ) as Fulton has .... yet has always chosen not to .... Of Course you're the Expert who follows closely though and I look forward to some more of your IFL Games !!!  :mrgreen:

• Upvote 1

TinPigskin:

The portion of your post that I put in bold letters draws me and other Whitehaven fans into a conversation that you are having with BlackhavenSenator. What on earth lead you to believe that every Whitehaven fan has the same opinion as he does? So ... you want to paint all Whitehaven fans with one broad brush?

And you try to make a case that BHS's logic is skewed?

Look in the mirror.

My apologies for not being more specific in my comments. The point that I was making was that his logic was biased. I should have said 'non-biased Whitehaven fans'. And I have seen plenty of West TN football games, including your team more than once. I have nothing but respect for y'all, but I just don't have you in my top 5. I explained my rankings/opinions, and I didn't mean to offend anyone

My apologies for not being more specific in my comments. The point that I was making was that his logic was biased. I should have said 'non-biased Whitehaven fans'. And I have seen plenty of West TN football games, including your team more than once. I have nothing but respect for y'all, but I just don't have you in my top 5. I explained my rankings/opinions, and I didn't mean to offend anyone

TinPigskin:

I don't care if you have Whitehaven in your top five or not. That's not why I responded. Also, I wasn't offended either. My whole point in responding was to highlight that you should have responded to BHS without adding anybody else into your converstion.

If you ask five different people you may very well get five different answers to the 'Top 5 in the state regardless of classification' question. There is no right answer. Especially at this point in the season.

You're good dude.

This reminds me of " It's a Wonderful Life " where an Angel gets it's Wings every time a Bell rings .... Except here it's Fulton Scores another TouchDown every time Coach Quarles loses another IFL Game .... :mrgreen:

Hey TinPig .... I can Promise you 2 things about those " Common opponents " #1 - No , Maryville will not run up the Score ... Uh , I mean beat them as Soundly as Fulton did ... and #2 - ... No one from Maryville wants Maryville to beat those Opponents as " Soundly " as Fulton did .... Since you Follow High School Football so Closely ( compare scores in the paper ) I'm sure you already know over the last 15 years or so that Maryville could of beaten many , many teams as " Soundly " ( 80 plus points ) as Fulton has .... yet has always chosen not to .... Of Course you're the Expert who follows closely though and I look forward to some more of your IFL Games !!! :mrgreen:

Wow that escalated quickly haha. Calm down my friend. Scoring 80+ points in 37 plays is hardly running up the score. Besides, I'm a huge Maryville fan and Coach Quarles fan (the best high school coach in the state IMO). I always pull for the Rebels in the playoffs and at the championships. Maryville would beat Fulton 99% of the time. Just based off what I've seen this year SO FAR, I think the Falcons would edge MHS. Don't get your panties in a wad. Maryville has the best dynasty in the state, but they're not the best team in every classification, EVERY year. It's ok to fathom a loss once every 5 years or so. It would be interesting to get some feedback from the Farragut, Powell, Bearden coaches/players/fans after they have played Maryville. Cheers buddy

TinPigskin:

I don't care if you have Whitehaven in your top five or not. That's not why I responded. Also, I wasn't offended either. My whole point in responding was to highlight that you should have responded to BHS without adding anybody else into your converstion.

If you ask five different people you may very well get five different answers to the 'Top 5 in the state regardless of classification' question. There is no right answer. Especially at this point in the season.

You're good dude.

Yeah my ranking means nothing to anyone except me. But it's fun to do. And like you said, it's still early so my opinions will certainly change as the year goes on. For what it's worth, I have WHS around #9-#10, right now. Hope to see you at the championships

Wow that escalated quickly haha. Calm down my friend. Scoring 80+ points in 37 plays is hardly running up the score. Besides, I'm a huge Maryville fan and Coach Quarles fan (the best high school coach in the state IMO). I always pull for the Rebels in the playoffs and at the championships. Maryville would beat Fulton 99% of the time. Just based off what I've seen this year SO FAR, I think the Falcons would edge MHS. Don't get your panties in a wad. Maryville has the best dynasty in the state, but they're not the best team in every classification, EVERY year. It's ok to fathom a loss once every 5 years or so. It would be interesting to get some feedback from the Farragut, Powell, Bearden coaches/players/fans after they have played Maryville. Cheers buddy[/

Maryville has not played Powell since 2008 and doesn't play them this year.

Wow that escalated quickly haha. Calm down my friend. Scoring 80+ points in 37 plays is hardly running up the score. Besides, I'm a huge Maryville fan and Coach Quarles fan (the best high school coach in the state IMO). I always pull for the Rebels in the playoffs and at the championships. Maryville would beat Fulton 99% of the time. Just based off what I've seen this year SO FAR, I think the Falcons would edge MHS. Don't get your panties in a wad. Maryville has the best dynasty in the state, but they're not the best team in every classification, EVERY year. It's ok to fathom a loss once every 5 years or so. It would be interesting to get some feedback from the Farragut, Powell, Bearden coaches/players/fans after they have played Maryville. Cheers buddy[/

Maryville has not played Powell since 2008 and doesn't play them this year.

You are correct. Maryville and Fulton only have 2 common opponents this year

Hey TinPig .... I can Promise you 2 things about those " Common opponents " #1 - No , Maryville will not run up the Score ... Uh , I mean beat them as Soundly as Fulton did ... and #2 - ... No one from Maryville wants Maryville to beat those Opponents as " Soundly " as Fulton did .... Since you Follow High School Football so Closely ( compare scores in the paper ) I'm sure you already know over the last 15 years or so that Maryville could of beaten many , many teams as " Soundly " ( 80 plus points ) as Fulton has .... yet has always chosen not to .... Of Course you're the Expert who follows closely though and I look forward to some more of your IFL Games !!! :mrgreen:

The Fulton crowd cannot claim that they don't try to run up the score. I was at the fulton/farragut game and fulton went with a fake punt when they were already up by 3 tds in that game.