Goodpasture Football 2014

Rainwater

Wow what an elitist attitude? Pretty sure CPA, Greenbrier, WH-Heritage, and EN have mighty fine academics.

As I said and you confirmed by your list of schools MOST of the public schools in Metro are still behind academically. So of I love in Metro and have a student athlete who I want the best academic and athletic experience for Goodpasture is the prime choice.

So when asked is this a good job, yes because from a stand point of potential talent and sheer quality of overall program. Can't find a better place in the area.

I'm a realist not an elitist. I just hope they hire somebody who can make the school feel a little more accepting to the community.

You would think that a simple call to his last employer would stop this thought process immediately. 

Not exactly sure what you are talking about, but I doubt that a previous employer would stop a coaching opportunity.  Lets be honest most of the BS on here is just that as rumor, bad gossip but occasionally an insightful opinion.

Wow what an elitist attitude? Pretty sure CPA, Greenbrier, WH-Heritage, and EN have mighty fine academics.

Greenbrier and wh heritage might be solid schools but are you really going to put them in an academic equivalent to CPA and ensworth? Not elitist just fact check out act test scores and where their kids are going to college. Seriously apples and oranges-next you are going to tell me they all should play inthe same region because they are all simile size schools oops CPA is 3a like greenbriar and wh-h and thumped la who beat wh-h-

Any names???  Figured they would have hired by now.  Everything is so quiet.  Have they offered the job to anyone?  Who is interested in the job that you know has applied and interviewed?  Who is making the hire...Perry, Judd, Parnell?  Did McWilliams not want it?  Anyone know when they plan to announce it...by X-mas break?

I would think first round of interviews would be over and trying to narrow the pool at this point, not sure how many have interviewed but several local names rumored. inside info says they are to have HC in place by time next semester begins so that only leaves about three weeks with holidays in middle. I would think there would be some better info this week or next if that's truly their timeline.

Heard today that they are going through second interviews...anybody know who got one of these?

They are conducting a 2nd round of interviews.  They interviewed at least 8-10 initial applicants.  Kurt Page, Jerry Joslin, and Dewayne Alexander, Jeff Morris, several local assistants were interviewed, along with OC out of Alabama.  

Alexander has pulled his name out of the running.   Joslin has gotten a 2nd interview, and Morris and maybe the OC at Alabama are lined up.   Page really wants the position, but not sure they are going to look at going that route.   

Hope to have a new coach in place by start of spring semester, unless it's someone with a current position that they can't leave.  RP is not heavily involved in search, as BOD and Judd doing behind the scenes work.   

Lots of 7th and 8th grade parents are waiting on potential hire for football future of school.  Cougar Nation is ready for their new leader on the gridiron!