Goodpasture Football 2014

Rainwater

That is correct.

Thanks, for the correction.  Now, Bigchief......2012 Martin 5-6, 2013 Mote 6-6, 2014 5-5 or 4-6 is the talent just a little down at Goodpasture these past 3 years or have they been hit by injuries?  Because, last season losing Wiseman for most of the year had to hurt the team!  Ask Trousdale Co. how it works out when you lose your top running back.

Thanks, for the correction. Now, Bigchief......2012 Martin 5-6, 2013 Mote 6-6, 2014 5-5 or 4-6 is the talent just a little down at Goodpasture these past 3 years or have they been hit by injuries? Because, last season losing Wiseman for most of the year had to hurt the team! Ask Trousdale Co. how it works out when you lose your top running back.

I looked this up, I stand corrected from my last post.

Since the team which went to the title game in 2010:

2011 and 2012 (Martin) : 8-4 and 5-6( I was wrong that Reynolds graduated in 10, he played on the 8-4 team). Record post championship: 13-10.

2013 and current year (mote): 6-6, current 0-4. At this pace Mote will need to win 7 more games this year to equal Martins post state record.

One question to be fair, does Mote have the same talent last year and currently that Martin had for his last Two years? Legit question for Goodpasture fans to debate.

2011 and 2012 (Martin) : 8-4 and 5-6( I was wrong that Reynolds graduated in 10, he played on the 8-4 team). Record post championship: 13-10.

2013 and current year (mote): 6-6, current 0-4. At this pace Mote will need to win 7 more games this year to equal Martins post state record.

One question to be fair, does Mote have the same talent last year and currently that Martin had for his last Two years? Legit question for Goodpasture fans to debate.

Just look at the roster in terms of numbers. Martin's team all had 55-70 players ...... since he left less than 40 in both years. I am guessing that Mote does not have the relationships with area middle schools that Martin did. So coaching at Goodpasture is more than X's and O's. And I do not think RP or LJ understand that. With Goodpasture being in the middle of Davidson County the Head Football needs to develop relationships with middle schools in Wilson, Sumner, Robertson, Cheatham, and Davidson Counties. I am not saying recruit kids from these schools, but when Goodpasture was rocking and rolling since the late 90's. They had kids from all these counties on their roster each year ... more players=more depth and in Class 2A that is huge when 90 percent of schools have starters going both ways. 

Just look at the roster in terms of numbers. Martin's team all had 55-70 players ...... since he left less than 40 in both years. I am guessing that Mote does not have the relationships with area middle schools that Martin did. So coaching at Goodpasture is more than X's and O's. And I do not think RP or LJ understand that. With Goodpasture being in the middle of Davidson County the Head Football needs to develop relationships with middle schools in Wilson, Sumner, Robertson, Cheatham, and Davidson Counties. I am not saying recruit kids from these schools, but when Goodpasture was rocking and rolling since the late 90's. They had kids from all these counties on their roster each year ... more players=more depth and in Class 2A that is huge when 90 percent of schools have starters going both ways.

All good points, you need depth to compete. Also, keep in mind that one needs to compare Martin's entire body of work vs a two year period. I don't have his record at Goodpasture, but would guess the record is better than 13-10 for the two year period post 2010 season.

Martin averaged  ten wins per year for 21 years. They were in the title game 8 times in that period. Do the math. The 2011 team lost four games with three of those being to power football programs. The 2012 team played the entire season with half of the team suspended most of the year. Fair to say that season needs to be thrown out of his stat pile. His body of work since 92 was incredible. That Perry fellow listened to a hostile group and now the program is paying a huge price. This is his first time to be a prez of a school. It shows. Lots of changes coming very soon boyz. 

If you're not saying recruit...just what are you saying exactly? Goodpasture has (with the multiplier) several more kids than any other school in the 1A-2AA football sub class via the "jump two classes" rule already...do you think that they need more students to compete?

The underlined quote is true for all schools and could be construed as legal and positive, or illegal and underhanded as the reader interprets.

The bold highlighted quote is quite clear in its intent, don't you think?

Edited by tradertwo

All good points, you need depth to compete. Also, keep in mind that one needs to compare Martin's entire body of work vs a two year period. I don't have his record at Goodpasture, but would guess the record is better than 13-10 for the two year period post 2010 season.

1992 6-6

1993 6-6

1994 6-6

1995 13-2

1996 14-1

1997 3-7

1998 5-6

1999 12-3

2000 10-4

2001 12-2

2002 11-2

2003 9-3

2004 9-4

2005 11-4

2006 14-1

2007 13-2

2008 9-5

2009 9-3

2010 13-2

2011 8-4

2012 5-6

Total 202-79

Goodpasture is underachieving. That is the bottom line. I'm only an outsider looking in at this one, but they should be better than this I would think.

Underachieving?  It's a disaster.  Last night was a complete embarrassment.  The guy goes on family vacation during summer 7-on-7 / summer workout time, no spring football, and a weight room program that rivals MJCA.  We deserve better.  We are losing ground to the other privates, and with the Sumner County schools being very competitive football programs it's going to be a climb for sure.  No reason we should be not be more competitive.  Going Division II will help, but with Mote at the helm it's a circus.  

You've got to go get a top-notch coach to compete..  The plan to get rid of Martin with no competitive replacement shows a big lack of leadership.  RP and LJ are slowly running this into the ground.  They are good people, but athletics are very important to our school.  And we should be quite a bit better playing in the district we are currently in.  Granted, our schedule has been difficult with out of district games vs. Cane Ridge, FRA, Maplewood, Lipscomb, etc.  but at this point underachieving would be a compliment.  

Martin didn't play in 2A vs the RBS, Watertown region.  Talent might not be as good, but not playing the same district competition.  Mote has a career winning percentage under .500.  He hasn't won anywhere.   Anyone defending him is not very knowledgable.  

Edited by SmokeStackI

Martin didn't play in 2A vs the RBS, Watertown region. Talent might not be as good, but not playing the same district competition. Mote has a career winning percentage under .500. He hasn't won anywhere. Anyone defending him is not very knowledgable.

Don't get sensitive, Certainly not defending, just responding to a previous poster who was discussing the record since the last state championship appearance.

Don't get sensitive, Certainly not defending, just responding to a previous poster who was discussing the record since the last state championship appearance.

I'm not sensitive.  Just frustrated with the coaching and administration.  Can't believe football has gotten to this point.  Middle school coming up is decent, and our 6th grade class is pretty good, just don't want to see some of the better athletes leave due to this coaching situation.  

The guy clearly has no business being a head coach at a usually competitive program.