Week 4: Bradley Central at Walker Valley

BigDave1967

I don't know about WV beating cleveland in the next 2 years, Cleveland has freshman and sophomores already playing big minutes and they are only going to get better.

THAT'S THE SAME WAY I FELT ABOUT MY YOUNG OWLS LAST SEASON...

WV definitely has a good coach. Walker Valley doesn't have the best athletes although they do have decent ones nor a ton of talent. I'm just saying

DONT TALK TOO SOON.....

WV definitely has a good coach. Walker Valley doesn't have the best athletes although they do have decent ones nor a ton of talent. I'm just saying

How long has Ryan been the Head Coach? Definitely long enough to be winning more games than he is. Who are all these talented sophomores? Melton? This is the same crap as last year WV beats 2 cupcakes and thinks they have something. You gotta beat somebody before you are somebody. 

How long has Ryan been the Head Coach? Definitely long enough to be winning more games than he is. Who are all these talented sophomores? Melton? This is the same crap as last year WV beats 2 cupcakes and thinks they have something. You gotta beat somebody before you are somebody.

That's my point. Its not like he has the studs to win a lot of games

Let's be realistic The county schools in Bradley struggle to get to .500. The last time the bears had 7+ wins 3 years in a row was what 79 80 81. 6 wins your one game from 500. How many losing year did they have in the late 80s to just recently and what was there record last year. 5 and 5. I was there they weren't even in most games after the 1st quarter and people talk about how bad Walker Valley has been in their short history. Really. Only Cleveland has a tradition of winning for multiple years. Truth.

Let's be realistic The county schools in Bradley struggle to get to .500. The last time the bears had 7+ wins 3 years in a row was what 79 80 81. 6 wins your one game from 500. How many losing year did they have in the late 80s to just recently and what was there record last year. 5 and 5. I was there they weren't even in most games after the 1st quarter and people talk about how bad Walker Valley has been in their short history. Really. Only Cleveland has a tradition of winning for multiple years. Truth.

+100

Here are some 3 to 5 year periods of winning for Bradley Central all after the "81 season.

Noteable is the record the last five years and the ability to be the only team in our district to make the playoffs 4 years in a row.

32 - 21    09 thru 2013

27 - 13    85 thru  88

22 -12     98   thru  00

It is tough to win "consistently" in a 3 school county especially when Football is not a point of emphasis within the schools administration.  However, during the last 5 years Bradley has won football games 3 times vs Cleveland, and 5 vs WV.

WV is  not bad at all nor is Cleveland or Bradley.  None of three are deep, so during a season when injuries occurr getting Wins is much more difficult.

Also, Cleveland has lost talented players to WV which in the past would have provided depth to Cleveland roster.

Cleveland teams 93 thru 96 were loaded with talent and depth, hence the win streak and titles.  With 3 schools we are not likely to see this again hence the absence of anything like that since the 95 season.

Cleveland Record from  2008 thru 2012   is ( 26-27 ) ?   the 2013 season takes them above 500 by 6 games.

Edited by Achilles

Here are some 3 to 5 year periods of winning for Bradley Central all after the "81 season.

Noteable is the record the last five years and the ability to be the only team in our district to make the playoffs 4 years in a row.

32 - 21    09 thru 2013

27 - 13    85 thru  88

22 -12     98   thru  00

It is tough to win "consistently" in a 3 school county especially when Football is not a point of emphasis within the schools administration.  However, during the last 5 years Bradley has won football games 3 times vs Cleveland, and 5 vs WV.

WV is  not bad at all nor is Cleveland or Bradley.  None of three are deep, so during a season when injuries occurr getting Wins is much more difficult.

Also, Cleveland has lost talented players to WV which in the past would have provided depth to Cleveland roster.

Cleveland teams 93 thru 96 were loaded with talent and depth, hence the win streak and titles.  With 3 schools we are not likely to see this again hence the absence of anything like that since the 95 season.

Cleveland Record from  2008 thru 2012   is ( 26-27 ) ?   the 2013 season takes them above 500 by 6 games.

I agree that's my point it's hard to win in this county with 3 large teams. My point was 7+ wins a year. Those you gave some had 8 others 6. Maybe even a 9. What was their record 00 through 08?