5A:

Clinton: 23         CC: 9 (AP#8)

Opponents Average Rankings – National, State, Class:

Clinton: 3,748 – 102 – 21

CC: 7,775 – 164 – 26

Opponents Record:

Clinton: 10-5      CC: 8-7

Points Scored (Avg.):

Clinton: 111 (28)             CC: 167 (42)

Points Allowed (Avg.):

Clinton: 110 (28)             CC: 69 (17)

Most points scored in game:

Clinton: 51         CC: 64

Most Points Allowed in game:

Clinton: 44         CC: 35

Least Points Scrored in game:

Clinton: 19         CC: 14

Least Points Allowed in game:

Clinton: 14         CC: 0

Power Rankings:

Clinton: 107.12 (130th)   CC: 114.34 (88th)

Each team has one common opponent in Anderson County:

Clinton loss to AC by 16

CC loss to AC by 21

Clinton leads this series 29-4, Last year CC edged out Clinton in a thriller 41-40.  Head Coach Justin Price leads the Brother in law series 2-1 over head Coach Josh Kerr.

The Power Rankings formula predicts this game as Campbell County winning by 5pts.  Clinton has a big front line that can cause a lot of problems and what seems to be an improved Defense over last season.  If Clinton can find a way to pressure Jeffers and can play solid on the back end they may be able to cause the CC offense a lot of problems.  I have thought about this game all day and have gone back and forth on CC after what I saw last night vs. AC, had Clinton been able to put more points up against Gibbs I would feel much better about their chances on Thursday.  CC is coming off a very disappointing loss to AC in a game where they had expectations of winning and being the frontrunner in the district and Clinton is coming off an Overtime thriller in beating Gibbs.  There are a couple of ways this game could go emotionally for these 2 teams, If Campbell County can bounce back and get a big win on Thursday they can get it back on track, but if they slip up and lose, it could send them on a downward spiral, I do not think they have enough winning experience to get past back to back losses, I could be wrong but I think that could be detrimental so this may just be a must win for them to keep the ship pointed in the right direction.  Clinton on the other hand is coming off the sort of win that can get you over the hump and if they can capitalize on an emotionally drained Cougar squad than with the 2 district frontrunner behind them they could make a run, and just as losing is contagious so is winning and if they can pull this one out I would not want to see them in the playoffs.  Going into this season I had my preseason predictions as OR at 10-0, AC at 8-2 CC at 8-2 and Clinton at 7-3.  This is the game that Clinton and Campbell Counties season may just hinge on.  It is going to be a very good game that I am sure everyone in the district will be watching Thrusday night and with Clinton being at home and Campbell County having to take the I75 drive south again it is the makings of a Clinton upset, I think it will be another barn burner, but not the type of last year, this years will be won by the defense.  I am sticking with my preseason prediction on this one, but it could go either way:

Campbell County: 24

Clinton: 21

I believe that Clinton needs to get pressure on CC's qb as well to have a chance to win. We can't just sit back and play zone all night or Jeffers will pick us apart.

Now if our coaching staff can come up with a game plan for slowing CC down , I think Clinton will come away with a big win. Did you hear that coaches? Pressure the qb and play up on the receivers!! :)

I believe that Clinton needs to get pressure on CC's qb as well to have a chance to win. We can't just sit back and play zone all night or Jeffers will pick us apart.

Now if our coaching staff can come up with a game plan for slowing CC down , I think Clinton will come away with a big win. Did you hear that coaches? Pressure the qb and play up on the receivers!! :)

Exactly. That's the blueprint right there. Man up on their receivers and bring the house. Jeffers has no mobility to speak of.

WOW, its like u guys have been listening to me lol

Actually my buddy ORidgeKat called me Thursday night and we were talking about the AC/CC matchup. He went on to tell me that he watched the CC/Central game a few times online and he said that in the 2nd half Central changed up their D against CC and sold out and went man and brought the house. He said when we play CC if we do the same thing we will run them off of the field. Last year we stayed in zone and let them pick us apart. He said if AC did the same thing Central did against CC in the 2nd half that CC wouldn't stand a chance and he was absolutely right.

Actually my buddy ORidgeKat called me Thursday night and we were talking about the AC/CC matchup. He went on to tell me that he watched the CC/Central game a few times online and he said that in the 2nd half Central changed up their D against CC and sold out and went man and brought the house. He said when we play CC if we do the same thing we will run them off of the field. Last year we stayed in zone and let them pick us apart. He said if AC did the same thing Central did against CC in the 2nd half that CC wouldn't stand a chance and he was absolutely right.

I just hope our coaching staff listens to us. I would rather play aggressive and bring alot of pressure and get burnt as to sit back playing it safe and still getting burnt.