4. McCallie

5. Baylor

6. Father Ryan

7. MBA

8. CBHS

9. JP II

10.  SBHS

11. Briarcrest

If Father Ryan is able to get a victory against MBA this season & finish ahead of the Big Red in the final pole would it not be the first time in 20+ games the Irish have defeated the evil empire from West End?

If Father Ryan is able to get a victory against MBA this season & finish ahead of the Big Red in the final pole would it not be the first time in 20+ games the Irish have defeated the evil empire from West End?

Not sure how long, but it has been a while.  Based on what I have seen from both teams thus far, I just like the way the Ryan defense matches up against the Big Red offense.  I see a relatively low-scoring, 13-10 type of game.  I also  think McCallie will beat Baylor this year, though I have not seen either team live yet.  MUS got beat bad early by BA (again) and really doesn't have much competition out west, but they always seem to improve more than most as the season matures.  As for Ensworth/BA, I think they are both very strong - I wouldn't doubt that whichever loses the regular season game regroups and comes back to win the State. 

BA needs to be healthy . Right now knock on wood for BA fans they should have 5 of the 6 players out back with a few back baylor - McCallie week.

Would have been fun to see this team at full bore this year . Such is football

Not sure how long, but it has been a while. Based on what I have seen from both teams thus far, I just like the way the Ryan defense matches up against the Big Red offense. I see a relatively low-scoring, 13-10 type of game. I also think McCallie will beat Baylor this year, though I have not seen either team live yet. MUS got beat bad early by BA (again) and really doesn't have much competition out west, but they always seem to improve more than most as the season matures. As for Ensworth/BA, I think they are both very strong - I wouldn't doubt that whichever loses the regular season game regroups and comes back to win the State.

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

BA needs to be healthy . Right now knock on wood for BA fans they should have 5 of the 6 players out back with a few back baylor - McCallie week.

Would have been fun to see this team at full bore this year . Such is football

You're right - such is football.  A big part of success with schools this size is utilizing the players who are available each game.  Injuries are sometimes easier to overcome when they come early in the season so that the backup can get experience before the playoffs.  Moreover - kids will step up and surprise - Ensworth lost their quarterback to injury just prior to the first round of the playoffs last year and was able to overcome with a sophomore linebacker who had never previously started a high school game at qb (he luckily escaped serious injury in the second round when an enraged defensive lineman tried to run him through a brick wall).  

Ensworth also lost two starters from last year who were expected to be gamechangers (on both sides of the ball) this year - a senior (leading tackler on last year's team) to a knee injury and a sophomore to a public school in Murfreesboro. They don't seem to be complaining about it.  

My bottom line is that these rivalry games (and I include BA, MBA and Ensworth) will be intense games, no matter who is strapping on the pads for each school.

Edited by RedRobin1

Absolutely . I am looking forward to Friday night at BA. If the weather holds it should be a perfect night for football.

You're right - such is football. A big part of success with schools this size is utilizing the players who are available each game. Injuries are sometimes easier to overcome when they come early in the season so that the backup can get experience before the playoffs. Moreover - kids will step up and surprise - Ensworth lost their quarterback to injury just prior to the first round of the playoffs last year and was able to overcome with a sophomore linebacker who had never previously started a high school game at qb (he luckily escaped serious injury in the second round when an enraged defensive lineman tried to run him through a brick wall).

Ensworth also lost two starters from last year who were expected to be gamechangers )on both sides of the ball) this year - a senior (leading tackler on last year's team) to a knee injury and a sophomore to a public school in Murfreesboro. They don't seem to be complaining about it.

My bottom line is that these rivalry games (and I include BA, MBA and Ensworth) will be intense games, no matter who is strapping on the pads for each school.