Rossview @ Henry County

SEC1rules

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy, oh boy. this thread is awfully quiet.  I would have thought there would be 10 pages on here by now.   Big Red has their third BIG match up in this very early part of the season (Liberty, Memphis Ridgeway and now Clarksville Rossview).  No one can say that the Pats shy away from the tough game.  This one could go either way.  It could be a high scoring affair or a defensive battle.  I am going high octane and say HC 38 Clarksville Rossview 28.

Be sure to let us Jacket fans know how this game goes, Kevin. Watching this game then the Spfd/WH game next week should give you a good idea of how Spfd matches up with these two teams.

Will do, 2 things things that come to mind concerning this game is 1.) Rossview always seems to score a lot of points and 2.) HC always seems to keep the score down, so something has to give. I look forward to see how this all shakes out.....

Boy, oh boy. this thread is awfully quiet. I would have thought there would be 10 pages on here by now. Big Red has their third BIG match up in this very early part of the season (Liberty, Memphis Ridgeway and now Clarksville Rossview). No one can say that the Pats shy away from the tough game. This one could go either way. It could be a high scoring affair or a defensive battle. I am going high octane and say HC 38 Clarksville Rossview 28.

Never understood the threads from terrible East TN teams that break 4,5,6,7..... Pages, but these quality Middle TN games may get a page or 2 of input. So sad.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

Never understood the threads from terrible East TN teams that break 4,5,6,7..... Pages, but these quality Middle TN games may get a page or 2 of input. So sad.

Ironically, Henry County threads used to be some of the longest/most active on this whole site back before we started winning titles lol. Several of the old HC posters just don't come around much anymore. Doesn't help that other than Springfield, none of our regular opponents bring much chatter on here.

Evenly matched teams?  Rossview may win this one but if they do it will be the first time they have ever beat Henry County.  Evenly matched?  Henry County is a far superior team, 2 titles is 3 years, They lost to two teams far better than Ridgeway, the game last year was close because of weather conditions and it was at Rossview.  This year is at Henry County and it will be a lot different than the game last year.  Evenly matched? Rossview has won how many playoff games in the last 5 years?  Henry County has won more district games in the last 2 years than Rossview has won in the last 5.  Now with that said, on any given night they could win but if they played a 7 game series, would not go more than 5 games.

Evenly matched teams? Rossview may win this one but if they do it will be the first time they have ever beat Henry County. Evenly matched? Henry County is a far superior team, 2 titles is 3 years, They lost to two teams far better than Ridgeway, the game last year was close because of weather conditions and it was at Rossview. This year is at Henry County and it will be a lot different than the game last year. Evenly matched? Rossview has won how many playoff games in the last 5 years? Henry County has won more district games in the last 2 years than Rossview has won in the last 5. Now with that said, on any given night they could win but if they played a 7 game series, would not go more than 5 games.

You obviously have no idea what you speak of. History doesn't determine matchups, nor do how many state titles you have won. Rossview is very talented and would probably only have 1 loss to Hillsboro if not for those early season suspensions. Henry County is Henry County but the jury is out on them I believe. They are not an easy out any year and I believe they are a slight favorite this week but it would not surprise me to see Rossview pull off the upset.

Ironically, Henry County threads used to be some of the longest/most active on this whole site back before we started winning titles lol. Several of the old HC posters just don't come around much anymore. Doesn't help that other than Springfield, none of our regular opponents bring much chatter on here.

I agree but would point out that, especially on the Maryville thread, the posters put videos and other paraphernalia that takes up nearly a third of a page, causing many pages of garbage (no offense Starsnbars).  It is strange, though, the lack of excitement on our threads.  I worried our expectations were unreasonable this year.  Is that it?

Evenly matched teams?  Rossview may win this one but if they do it will be the first time they have ever beat Henry County.  Evenly matched?  Henry County is a far superior team, 2 titles is 3 years, They lost to two teams far better than Ridgeway, the game last year was close because of weather conditions and it was at Rossview.  This year is at Henry County and it will be a lot different than the game last year.  Evenly matched? Rossview has won how many playoff games in the last 5 years?  Henry County has won more district games in the last 2 years than Rossview has won in the last 5.  Now with that said, on any given night they could win but if they played a 7 game series, would not go more than 5 games.

My new temporary favorite poster!