WEEK 5 SCORES (SEPT. 15 - 22)

Booger

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why coaches do that? We played 9 on 11 for the last 20 mins of a game last week. Our coach never changed the score after 5 and kinda snuck kids off the field so the other team didn't know.

I saw where some kids have scored 9 goals in a game? Our max is 5 and it was one half. The kid played center back the rest of the game.

There's simply no reason to beat a team that bad.

Edited by Playerscoach

McMinn County - 2

ND - 1

Not the way Booger wanted it to go down, but I have to give the Cherokees a little love :thumb: . That is a good team playing front to back extremely well at fast controlled pace.It is obvious they are well coached and the girls have an extremely good work rate. I thought the Lady Irish had a chance to make up some room in the second half having more opportunities working the outside and playing a bit more physical against their size, speed and strength.

AAA; it just was not enough. As I told you after the game, yall have to feel good about your District and Region chances; and think you can make a bit of a run on into the playoffs. You are well balance all around, something we have to build upon a bit. I am still liking the Irish's chnace in our class; don't expect to see nothing of that caliber in our run. Great game. 

I think the Irish will be playing many games after the season really starts. Strong bunch of girls. 2nd half the Irish really switched things up and I was concerned after ND put in a goal. Boogerette played great and man can your goalie boot the ball. I am certain that she launched a 70 plus yard punt. I hope her, boogerette and some others from your group try out for CFC womens team. Nothing better than soccer during their summer breaks.

McMinn County - 2

ND - 1

Not the way Booger wanted it to go down, but I have to give the Cherokees a little love :thumb: . That is a good team playing front to back extremely well at fast controlled pace.It is obvious they are well coached and the girls have an extremely good work rate. I thought the Lady Irish had a chance to make up some room in the second half having more opportunities working the outside and playing a bit more physical against their size, speed and strength.

AAA; it just was not enough. As I told you after the game, yall have to feel good about your District and Region chances; and think you can make a bit of a run on into the playoffs. You are well balance all around, something we have to build upon a bit. I am still liking the Irish's chnace in our class; don't expect to see nothing of that caliber in our run. Great game.

I don't understand why coaches do that? We played 9 on 11 for the last 20 mins of a game last week. Our coach never changed the score after 5 and kinda snuck kids off the field so the other team didn't know.

I saw where some kids have scored 9 goals in a game? Our max is 5 and it was one half. The kid played center back the rest of the game.

There's simply no reason to beat a team that bad.

Exactly. There's virtually no reason. Too many things you can do to limit scoring without embarrassing your opponent: five passes before shot, no shot inside the 18, shoot only with opposite foot, put strongest players on defense or pull them out, score only with a header, it goes on and on and on. No reason soccer scores should EVER be 20-0 or anywhere close, unless there's some kind of vendetta going on.

Exactly. There's virtually no reason. Too many things you can do to limit scoring without embarrassing your opponent: five passes before shot, no shot inside the 18, shoot only with opposite foot, put strongest players on defense or pull them out, score only with a header, it goes on and on and on. No reason soccer scores should EVER be 20-0 or anywhere close, unless there's some kind of vendetta going on.

vendettas are a poor excuse to run 18.....vendettas have a tendency to gain momentum...as it has apparently done up in the northeastern part of the Volunteer state

Does one beat down deserve another? Heck ya; if its me and you behind the wood shed :mrgreen: .....but not at the expense of some young kids who just want to play the game for there HS

Booger just sayin