Collinwood Football

joker01

I've seen and heard a lot about this teams struggles and according to many Cwood fans its all because of this basketball coach that was hired to coach football. I have only watched one game and that was the Wayne Co. game. I saw a team that was very fundamentally sound on defense, breaking down and making form tackles. Cwood lacks size, strength, speed, depth, maturity, and any other asset good football teams have. Cwood fans are going to have to be patient and understand that this is not coach Statom anymore. Its a new era for Cwood football and players/fans are going to have to adjust and grow with the new system. So instead of pointing fingers at the coaching staff, try accepting the down year and trust that the players and coaches will continue to improve in the upcoming years. For the record Nick Saban would be 0-4 with this football team. 

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen and heard a lot about this teams struggles and according to many Cwood fans its all because of this basketball coach that was hired to coach football. I have only watched one game and that was the Wayne Co. game. I saw a team that was very fundamentally sound on defense, breaking down and making form tackles. Cwood lacks size, strength, speed, depth, maturity, and any other asset good football teams have. Cwood fans are going to have to be patient and understand that this is not coach Statom anymore. Its a new era for Cwood football and players/fans are going to have to adjust and grow with the new system. So instead of pointing fingers at the coaching staff, try accepting the down year and trust that the players and coaches will continue to improve in the upcoming years. For the record Nick Saban would be 0-4 with this football team. 

this guy knows what hes talking about ...statom seen the writing on the wall and skeedadled.......give coach bart some time ,they got some good players ...just need more of them and time to learn a new system

This basketball coach they hired to coach football doesn't know anything about football. Not sure what new system the players are suppose to be learning.    Never heard of a team only practicing 1 1/2 hours a day.  No fundamental drills, no offense/defense group drills...heard the defensive coach left last week and another part time one left also.  Not sure what is going on with all of that but sounds like he doesn't want them to succeed. 

Collinwood has a talented group of young guys and some middle schoolers that will be coming up in a few years so they should be back in the right direction. It didn't help them this year that Ragan and Tingle kid stopped playing. Ragan was gonna be one of the main backs this year and the Tingle kid was gonna be one of the main one on the lines he played in the Riverside and Columbia Academy games last year so he had some experience under his belt.

This basketball coach they hired to coach football doesn't know anything about football. Not sure what new system the players are suppose to be learning.    Never heard of a team only practicing 1 1/2 hours a day.  No fundamental drills, no offense/defense group drills...heard the defensive coach left last week and another part time one left also.  Not sure what is going on with all of that but sounds like he doesn't want them to succeed. 

are u for real...the old coach had them doing cross-fit training instead of running and lifting weights .the new coach set records as the qb in his high school days to say he knows nothing about football is stupid those records stood for a while untol a kid named ward came along perhaps u heard of him since know so much about trojan football

Edited by wboro33

This has nothing to do with my post. I simply posted my opinion based on the only game I have been to. I never said anything about Coach Littrell's knowledge nor his practice schedule. All I stated was that its a knew era and its time to improve as coaches/players in a program that is now without Coach Statom. However, I am sure someone as knowledgeable about football as you would be 4-0 at this point.

Just because a player set records in high school, doesn't automatically make them a coach.  All the teams and coaches I have ever been around watched film endlessly, are at the field house till 8 or 9 o'clock every night working on the next week's opponent, work ever Sunday with the asst. coaches planning the weeks practices for the next game.  Have not seen any of that from this new coach.  I hope Collinwood wins every game left on their schedule.  The boys are working as hard as they can despite the obstacles placed in front of them.

It's tough for any coach to come to a program with low numbers and win. Fans expect too much too quick. As long as the players buy in to what he is trying to establish then he will eventually start winning. Good coaches will establish good morals in young men. Teaching hard work will pay. Upper class need to understand they are laying the foundation. Collinwood has put together some of the best 1A teams I have saw before. The team that got put out by CPA was in my opinion the state champs that year. Give support and encourage the team. Coaches are part of the team. I haven't always agreed with coaching decisions but as long as the players enjoy playing and are having a good time and learning then I'm good. Good luck to collinwood. I hope they get back to that level again.

Just because a player set records in high school, doesn't automatically make them a coach.  All the teams and coaches I have ever been around watched film endlessly, are at the field house till 8 or 9 o'clock every night working on the next week's opponent, work ever Sunday with the asst. coaches planning the weeks practices for the next game.  Have not seen any of that from this new coach.  I hope Collinwood wins every game left on their schedule.  The boys are working as hard as they can despite the obstacles p 

youre right he may not can coach but u said he doesnt know anything about footbal"This basketball coach they hired to coach football doesn't know anything about football."HE SET RECORDS AT CWOOD.id say he knows what a football looks like and how the game is played.......time will tell  about the coach part 

Edited by wboro33

Just because a player set records in high school, doesn't automatically make them a coach.  All the teams and coaches I have ever been around watched film endlessly, are at the field house till 8 or 9 o'clock every night working on the next week's opponent, work ever Sunday with the asst. coaches planning the weeks practices for the next game.  Have not seen any of that from this new coach.  I hope Collinwood wins every game left on their schedule.  The boys are working as hard as they can despite the obstacles placed in front of them.

Sounds like you were around Coach Statom, who was a hard working coach that was passionate for many years about Collinwood Football. Coach Statom also worked with 50 to 60+ players during his run. I am also glad to see your last sentence be a positive one. My point is still being missed! If Coach Littrell were to spend countless hours watching film and focusing on the mental preparation, would Collinwood have a win on their record at this point? The answer is No. The goal right now is to keep his guys interested in the program and have them believe that its going to get better.

Sounds like you were around Coach Statom, who was a hard working coach that was passionate for many years about Collinwood Football. Coach Statom also worked with 50 to 60+ players during his run. I am also glad to see your last sentence be a positive one. My point is still being missed! If Coach Littrell were to spend countless hours watching film and focusing on the mental preparation, would Collinwood have a win on their record at this point? The answer is No. The goal right now is to keep his guys interested in the program and have them believe that its going to get better.

I think given a fair chance Coach Littrell will do a good job and get the program back on track. I don't think coach Statom left because times were tough but left for an opportunity to do something different in the sport he has always loved. As for the low numbers I think you can't start pointing fingers, you have a couple of down years and some just don't want to play but that's when they should want to play the most, help your school and friends that play out. Cwood has had down years before and they will again but they will also be the team to beat in the near future again.