YOU ARE WHAT YOUR RECORD SAYS YOU ARE

Buddha14

To use an example from my own school. Unaka in 2005 I think it was. We literally scheduled 3-4 out of state games with the worst teams we could find. Our region was already weak except for Cloudland. We beat everyone but Cloudland and they blew us out. We went 9-1 the papers had us as a top 10 team in the state. First playoff game at home, we get blown out. Our record was in no way an indication of our talent. We weren't a top 30 team let alone top 10.

Forrest did that exact thing. We played a AAA school in Alabama. Hung tough for a half then got our doors blown off. Literally. No cars going back to TN had doors. None.  35-7 final. We were awful in the 2nd half and our record reflects that loss.

Forrest has since beaten a AAA in Cascade, pretty soundly, and will be tooth and nail with a AAAA school, Page, in about 10 days. It's humans vs. humans folks. 

You come across in your post as Forrest having " played up " ,  Cascade is 3a with about 60 more students than Forrest and would be 2a if the 1.8 multiplier had put a couple privates such as Goodpasture and GCA in 3a where they belong. If you want to say that's playing up, then so be it

But that 3a Alabama team that blew your doors off has an enrollment of 279 compared to the Forrest enrollment of 476.   How's that playing up?

You aren't mediocre and be in the top 10. Thanks for the backhanded vote of confidence. :evil:

The thing that worries me about Basin is their offense. I know they have a great line and can just run over and over, but when we face a team with a very talented front 7 on defense like a marion or boyd then I don't think we can keep up without mixing it up more offensively.

Edited by BasinAlum

The thing that worries me about Basin is their offense. I know they have a great line and can just run over and over, but when we face a team with a very talented front 7 on defense like a marion or boyd then I don't think we can keep up without mixing it up more offensively.

I think this is a Boyd team that isn't that scary(probably first time since 1998). I think at the very least CB goes 8-2 and gets to start the Playoffs at home(probably against South Pittsburg)

I don't understand this thread? Is it for bashing teams or is it so someone can beat their chest saying, look how good we are....?

Seriously though, I do get it. Although, if records show how good you are? Then how is it that the Giants beat the Patriots (twice)? How about South Pitt. mercy ruling an undefeated Jo Byrns team? Union City beating an undefeated Wayne Co team? Silverdale vs Boyd 2013, wayne vs C'wood 2013, C'wood vs Decatur 2013.... Records mean nothing and who you play means nothing, anyone can be beat.... I mean Huntingdon did beat Milan....just saying

Records don't matter. Go back to 2005 I think it was. Livingston Academy entered the playoffs 5-5 and went on to be state champs. Along that road they took down state powerhouse Fulton, among other very solid 3A programs on their way to a gold ball. They beat David Lipscomb for the state title and I want to say that was a consecutive appearance for Lipscomb. Throw your record out when it comes to high school football!

Records are a good indication of how good a team is in 5 or 6A maybe. Lower classification teams its not close. Good example Oakdale is 4-0 Im happy for them and that's great for a small school but.....look at who they have played compared to other schools similar in size and classification. Cosby is 0-4. switch their schedule with Oakdale and you could also switch their records. Cosby has played 3, AAA schools and the #3 ranked 1A team in the state and has competed well with all but 1 of them for the most part.