Govs win! 18 in a row baby!

Governm

I don't even want to hear it, all I have been hearing from everybody is how this is the year the streak would end. And people were giving me grief and joking about how I was going to off myself when we lost. All you maryville fans were riding Hammontree's jock. Well guess what? The Govs won and Gov91 is in very good spirits. But nobody is giving the Govs any love. But it don't matter, all that matters is the Govs were victorious. I imagine that QB#7 is at some bar drinking himself to oblivion.

ðŸ‘Enjoy it G91. You definitely deserve it.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Govs win on a 34 yard field goal in the final minute. Final score: WB 50 Heritage 48

Real defensive struggle. Looked at the score and said, WTF  did I fall asleep for a couple of months and now it's basketball season ?

Still , good to see WB hasn't totally quit on the season and congrats to Ridge on  much needed win. Maybe now some of the team will figure out it feels quite a bit better to win than lose and they will step it up for the second half of the season.

Real defensive struggle. Looked at the score and said, WTF did I fall asleep for a couple of months and now it's basketball season ?

Still , good to see WB hasn't totally quit on the season and congrats to Ridge on much needed win. Maybe now some of the team will figure out it feels quite a bit better to win than lose and they will step it up for the second half of the season.

The difference maker was Devin Fair. We had not rushed for 100 yards in a game this year and he rushed for 208 yards and 4 TDs in his first start on offense of the season. I told people before the year even started that we are a much better team with him playing offense and I was right. The Govs have two very winnable games coming up next and they should have a 3 game win streak going into the Knoxville West game. Go Govs!!

And I notice that some people are acting as if there was no defense last night. Both teams had some huge stops at times and both teams made huge plays on offense when the defenses was doing all they could. There was one play in particular where a heritage receiver was absolutely drilled as he was catching a ball in the endzone and he still came down with it. Sometimes playmakers make plays and both teams had a few of those. Both teams were heck bent to outscore the other team last night. But that doesn't really reflect badly on the defenses. But that's just my opinion.

Edited by Governors91