South Pittsburg vs Grundy (Moore man against that Bryant man)

Roy Dillard

The thing that concerns me is this. If the seniors are the best we have and I'm sure they are. What does that say for the talent under them? That Whitwell team last night returns more starters than SP does next year so that's my point. It seems to be coming to a sudden halt after the small, but steady decline from 2007.

More like 2008. That team lost 1 game. Carried a 27 game win streak into the TC debacle.

The thing that concerns me is this. If the seniors are the best we have and I'm sure they are. What does that say for the talent under them? That Whitwell team last night returns more starters than SP does next year so that's my point. It seems to be coming to a sudden halt after the small, but steady decline from 2007.

More like 2008. That team lost 1 game. Carried a 27 game win streak into the TC debacle..This team has players who can play big-time. They just need coaching up. The morale is something needs working on. Then perhaps attitudes can become more positive. Not as many players as in the past. But players non the less, enough to have a much better showing than we have been.

More like 2008. That team lost 1 game. Carried a 27 game win streak into the TC debacle.

Yes, 2008 was a very good team as well. They were an awesome defensive team, but lost two outstanding players from 2007 in Robinson and Weatherspoon. Regardless, we have been in a decline. We don't have a lot of talent, but some of the most talent we have never plays. It's frustrating, but as I have said before. Those guys are paid to do a job so we just have to trust them. Edited by TheAmbassador

This has been an odd ball season all way around.  Gordonsville was in a shootout with Red Boiling Springs barely escaping with their Tiger skins.  Then they got knocked off by Monterey and Upperman.

This game has the potential to be another one of those 2014 weird games.  The worst thing the Pirates can do this year is be what Don Grider called "A Good Samaritan Team" and let teams hang around with them on the score board. 

This has been an odd ball season all way around. Gordonsville was in a shootout with Red Boiling Springs barely escaping with their Tiger skins. Then they got knocked off by Monterey and Upperman.

This game has the potential to be another one of those 2014 weird games. The worst thing the Pirates can do this year is be what Don Grider called "A Good Samaritan Team" and let teams hang around with them on the score board.

+1. You are right about a crazy year. I think it's a lot of mediocre teams in 1A more than anything. Grundy's ability to throw the ball worries me in this one. They have thrown on us well the past 2 years and we were better then than we are now. We have to find a way to put some pressure on that QB. Edited by TheAmbassador

All the stupid talk by Grundy fans wanting to get rid of their coaches would cease if they win this one.

Your logic is mystifying. One win over a very down S.P. and all is forgiven. Grundy will never do any better than .500 with the Bryant's running this team. You have said in here that you just have to trust S.P. Coaches, (who by your post you don't appear to be thrilled with) would you still support them after six years of no improvement? That is where Grundy is...

Your logic is mystifying. One win over a very down S.P. and all is forgiven. Grundy will never do any better than .500 with the Bryant's running this team. You have said in here that you just have to trust S.P. Coaches, (who by your post you don't appear to be thrilled with) would you still support them after six years of no improvement? That is where Grundy is...

I'm not calling for coaches heads. Some people think they know more than the coach knows. Unless they have ever coached something other than pee wee then chances are they don't. Grundy doesn't have great talent year in and year out. Let them coach and everyone else can sit back an eat their popcorn.

Ambassador you haven't had to deal with subpar coaches who put out subpar effort for six years. Grundy's QB is the key to this game. If he plays Grundy has a chance. Either way Grundy has no defense and hasn't in a long time. I pick S.P.By 13 and as long as Grundy keeps these coaches continued mediocrity...

Ambassador you haven't had to deal with subpar coaches who put out subpar effort for six years. Grundy's QB is the key to this game. If he plays Grundy has a chance. Either way Grundy has no defense and hasn't in a long time. I pick S.P.By 13 and as long as Grundy keeps these coaches continued mediocrity...

Grundy has a chance against us I can assure you. Haven't you read the papers? We almost lost to Whitwell. Grundy County is as good or better than Whitwell. It will be a close game. 7-10 points either way.

Grundy has a chance against us I can assure you. Haven't you read the papers? We almost lost to Whitwell. Grundy County is as good or better than Whitwell. It will be a close game. 7-10 points either way.

Ambassador you keep saying that like it would have been the unthinkable.  I watched SP lose to Sequatchie when they could have easily won then squeak by Whitwell the next week in a game they probably should have lost.  Whitwell isn't the awful and weak team they have been years past. They're actually decent this year.  The Pirates, if they play well, could still win all their remaining games, with MC being the toughest. They probably won't, but they can.  Grundy will be a real test this week.  I won't be surprised if they beat SP, but expect the Pirates to find a way to get another win.  Like the Whitwell game, fans should get their money's worth Friday night.