Sevier county vs maryville

gobears89

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would imagine the freshman QB will be getting a lot of time in the jv game

I think this kid has unreal speed for a QB and has great poise when he is in the pocket and has the height needed which is lacking on the varsity after Tyler goes out except for 12# that is six foot tall. This kid is a carbon copy of his brother who plays running back and when the rubber meets the road and GQ has to make a decision I'm not so sure that thought won't ponder his mind. Passing game and ball handling  way to far off to be thrown into a high school game right now but JV isn't a bad idea.

I don't know why every single week people continue to throw out the idea that these opponents are going to put up 30 some odd points on Maryville.  It just doesn't make sense.  Maryville hasn't given up 30 points since the title game in 2012.  Last year they did not give up over 21 points, and this year they returned almost everyone from last year's defense.  So, I have no reason to believe that they will end up giving up over 21 points much, if ever this season.  At least not during the regular season.  So, I think that if you want to beat Maryville you're going to have to have a relatively low scoring affair.  Maryville's offense is not clicking this year, so I think if you can take advantage of that and hold the Maryville offense at bay (as HVA did) then you might be able to squeak out a win. 

I don't know why every single week people continue to throw out the idea that these opponents are going to put up 30 some odd points on Maryville.  It just doesn't make sense.  Maryville hasn't given up 30 points since the title game in 2012.  Last year they did not give up over 21 points, and this year they returned almost everyone from last year's defense.  So, I have no reason to believe that they will end up giving up over 21 points much, if ever this season.  At least not during the regular season.  So, I think that if you want to beat Maryville you're going to have to have a relatively low scoring affair.  Maryville's offense is not clicking this year, so I think if you can take advantage of that and hold the Maryville offense at bay (as HVA did) then you might be able to squeak out a win. 

I think they call that wishful thinking.

If Steve Brewer had not stepped down I would say it would be close!

but I think the Smokey Bears feel the effects of the loss of their legendary HC and are about to pay for it at the hands of the team that has won the last 10 straight 6A Titles in a row!

Maryville still has their legendary HC, Sevier County does not!

Maryville "The John Cena of TSSAA HSFB" Red Rebels 77, Sevier County "We are Severely missing our Legendary Steve Brewer Right about now" Smokey Bears 0

The Steve Brewer-less Smokey Bears will be painted red on this night!

Well the thing is if Maryville's offense struggles like they did last night it wouldn't be unreasonable to think that maybe Sevier County could score some points. If maryville struggles to move the ball and their defense has to stay on the field too much that fast pace offense Sevier County has could wear down maryville's defense. I'm not expecting it to happen but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Sevier Co manages to keep it really close.

Edited by Governors91

If Steve Brewer had not stepped down I would say it would be close!

but I think the Smokey Bears feel the effects of the loss of their legendary HC and are about to pay for it at the hands of the team that has won the last 10 straight 6A Titles in a row!

Maryville still has their legendary HC, Sevier County does not!

Maryville "The John Cena of TSSAA HSFB" Red Rebels 77, Sevier County "We are Severely missing our Legendary Steve Brewer Right about now" Smokey Bears 0

The Steve Brewer-less Smokey Bears will be painted red on this night!

Wow, I didn't know 6A had been around ten years? And I thought we lost to Whitehaven a couple years ago. Musta been a horrible dream.