Sevier county vs maryville

gobears89

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the thing is if Maryville's offense struggles like they did last night it wouldn't be unreasonable to think that maybe Sevier County could score some points. If maryville struggles to move the ball and their defense has to stay on the field too much that fast pace offense Sevier County has could wear down maryville's defense. I'm not expecting it to happen but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Sevier Co manages to keep it really close.

Not sure I'd say the offense struggled. They had around 400 yards and held HVA to under 150. Just some untimely break downs in execution as much as anything.

Some of this is funny. Maryville has one bad game (which they won) and some people think their dominance is over. I predict this thinking will be short lived. I've seen this movie before.

The funniest thing WaCo is that it's our own fans sometimes that think the Sky is Falling .... LOL .... and some of our fans think they need to try and give George tips on how to keep this thing going ... :mrgreen: ..... Repeat after me everyone  "IN GEORGE I TRUST !! "

If we had to lose a QB for six weeks and someone ask me when would the best time for that to happen it would be now when we're going into the weaker part of the schedule.  My opinion is the defense could win three of the remaining games by itself if the offense didn't even play that game and we gave them the ball back the whole game long. I do expect closer games now because I believe GQ will play more conservative ball. The one thing that concerned me from the start was the big drop off in the passing game and the QB's running more could lead us into the potential injury situation playing against some pretty big boys in class 6-A. This will be the time we figure out who takes the position for next year no doubt. Now it's time to show you have it or you don't because your on the big stage now. I hope that number 15,17 and 11 all get a fair chance because this will be the Hot Topic in Maryville for the next few weeks and the pressure will be on and the natives will be talking. I do expect a bunch of mistakes but remember these kids haven't seen that much action this year and that's expected no matter who you are. As for Tyler I hope him a speedy recovery and look forward to seeing him back in the playoffs.

What do you mean by "a fair chance?"

What do you mean by "a fair chance?"

Don't stick one of them in with a lesser supporting group around them is what I mean. I see so many times the reserves come in and not all of them are on the same page and makes it tough on whoever is directing the offense. I've seen all three of these kids and it's a coin flip sometimes who is the best at times. I have seen each one of them get better as they have come through the system because of the competition between them. I have my personal thoughts on who I think is the best but I'm not GQ and I know he will find the right man no doubt. This will be an exciting time for all of us to see and for anyone that thinks the offense is running low on gas they are totally wrong. 400 yards last night isn't a bad nights work for any offense. Just had one of those nights had the one yard line been the goal line the score would have been 30-3. I think some of the problems that happened last night with the backups had to do with not much playing time in the big game considering the first three games Tyler. played most of the time.

Losing Vaught hurts but the teams that are upcoming on the Maryville schedule just aren't capable of causing them any real problems, Sevier County included. Hardin Valley was pesky but the end result was a two TD victory and a bigger edge than that on stat sheet so it wasn't like MHS was ever on the brink of defeat.

It was like shooting something and it wouldn't die no matter how much you shot it.

I don't know why every single week people continue to throw out the idea that these opponents are going to put up 30 some odd points on Maryville.  It just doesn't make sense.  Maryville hasn't given up 30 points since the title game in 2012.  Last year they did not give up over 21 points, and this year they returned almost everyone from last year's defense.  So, I have no reason to believe that they will end up giving up over 21 points much, if ever this season.  At least not during the regular season.  So, I think that if you want to beat Maryville you're going to have to have a relatively low scoring affair.  Maryville's offense is not clicking this year, so I think if you can take advantage of that and hold the Maryville offense at bay (as HVA did) then you might be able to squeak out a win. 

I agree with this. I think it is unreasonable to think the Bears can get more than 24 and that will be very difficult. The Bears will have to stop the run 1st and then make some big plays which Maryville has committed to stopping vs sevier in the last 2 games. This means they will also have to run the ball to shorten the game and create  chances for those big plays all at the same time. The only way I envision the Bears pulling the upset would be to have a very lucky type of night basically the all stars need to make all the mistakes the Bears have been making. Int returns, fumble returns, and play the best game they have played all year then maybe they shock the state. Only winning by 15 and 13 in back to back games has not happened at Maryville in a very long time. So I think this is as good of opportunity as ever to get out of the black hole with a w. Win or lose this is just another chance to compete against the best. Come playoff time if the Bears are 7-3 with close loses vs DB,Maryville, and SD I like their chances at making a deep playoff run. Hopefully its not over in the 1st half like the last 2 meetings.

Bears 24 All stars 21

GoBears!!