Collinwood travels to Adamsville ( Homecoming )

Redrage1990

I know that it's hard to read garbage like has been posted here without responding...best to just remember that everyone else reading it knows that it's just some moron baiting Collinwood fans. SH scrimmaged the Trojans, and came away with a lot of respect for the coaches, and fight in the kids, though they were outmanned. C'wood will be fine, just will take time.

A'ville picks the score in this one, but they'll treat you well and show as much class while doing it as you could ask. Keep the faith, and best of luck.

Reading these posts are entertaining but disturbing. Tradertwo said it best in his post. I have no ties to Collinwood, Waynesboro, or  Adamsville but, I have played against all of them when they were at a low point in the football world and they were class acts and we treated them with respect. Every team has peaks and valleys. Just remember how you treat those teams in the valley because they will soon be on the peak and the treatment you gave them will come back around. The kids on these teams only get one shot at playing high school football. Good or bad, these should be the best times of their lives.

Edited by Mooreboy3

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading these posts are entertaining but disturbing. Tradertwo said it best in his post. I have no ties to Collinwood, Waynesboro, or Adamsville but, I have played against all of them when they were at a low point in the football world and they were class acts and we treated them with respect. Every team has peaks and valleys. Just remember how you treat those teams in the valley because they will soon be on the peak and the treatment you gave them will come back around. The kids on these teams only get one shot at playing high school football. Good or bad, these should be the best times of their lives.

Great post !!

Reading these posts are entertaining but disturbing. Tradertwo said it best in his post. I have no ties to Collinwood, Waynesboro, or Adamsville but, I have played against all of them when they were at a low point in the football world and they were class acts and we treated them with respect. Every team has peaks and valleys. Just remember how you treat those teams in the valley because they will soon be on the peak and the treatment you gave them will come back around. The kids on these teams only get one shot at playing high school football. Good or bad, these should be the best times of their lives.

I'm probably asking a stupid question, but who did you play for and when?

I'm probably asking a stupid question, but who did you play for and when?

I played at Loretto from 93-96 (football seasons). Waynesboro had Gus Richardson (who played EVERY position even the Tuba at halftime for the band). Collinwood had Casey Ward and big Jon Bray. And I don't recall any players by name for Adamsville, but they had a very good middle linebacker and a decent running back. That has been almost 20 years ago now, but even though they were not very good teams I remember that they were very classy and GREAT competitors. Those were fun times. Please don't ask for stats but I may could find some scores for ya. LOL!!! I am only kidding

I played at Loretto from 93-96 (football seasons). Waynesboro had Gus Richardson (who played EVERY position even the Tuba at halftime for the band). Collinwood had Casey Ward and big Jon Bray. And I don't recall any players by name for Adamsville, but they had a very good middle linebacker and a decent running back. That has been almost 20 years ago now, but even though they were not very good teams I remember that they were very classy and GREAT competitors. Those were fun times. Please don't ask for stats but I may could find some scores for ya. LOL!!! I am only kidding

Loretto did beat WC 49-13 and 56-21 in '95 and '96 (beat Aville 49-2 and 42-0), didn't play either team in '93 and '94.  Loretto was a very good 2A program in those days, and probably would have made more noise in the playoffs during the early 90s had it not been for the big-time private schools still in 2A like David Lipscomb and Brentwood Academy, and of course, Huntingdon later on (but the program had become less dominant by then anyway).  But WC won 34 games between '93 and '96, made it the to second round every year, and went to 2 quarterfinals in 1A - so we weren't exactly chumps back then. 

Edited by 1RT

Loretto did beat WC 49-13 and 56-21 in '95 and '96 (beat Aville 49-2 and 42-0), didn't play either team in '93 and '94.  Loretto was a very good 2A program in those days, and probably would have made more noise in the playoffs during the early 90s had it not been for the big-time private schools still in 2A like David Lipscomb and Brentwood Academy, and of course, Huntingdon later on (but the program had become less dominant by then anyway).  But WC won 34 games between '93 and '96, made it the to second round every year, and went to 2 quarterfinals in 1A - so we weren't exactly chumps back then. 

I didn't mean for my post to sound like WC were chumps by any means and I apologize if I did. I was referring to the dominance that they have displayed in the recent years. I should have said that even when we defeated them they were classy programs. I must give you a tip of my hat for finding those scores!!! I guess too much time has passed to remember those things. I DO remember WC was beating us 21-0 at halftime and we were sitting in front of the gym in WC getting our butts grilled for not playing to our potential!! Once again I didn't mean to offend anyone by my post earlier.

I didn't mean for my post to sound like WC were chumps by any means and I apologize if I did. I was referring to the dominance that they have displayed in the recent years. I should have said that even when we defeated them they were classy programs. I must give you a tip of my hat for finding those scores!!! I guess too much time has passed to remember those things. I DO remember WC was beating us 21-0 at halftime and we were sitting in front of the gym in WC getting our butts grilled for not playing to our potential!! Once again I didn't mean to offend anyone by my post earlier.

I wasn't offended, I was just replying because that stuff always interests me, and I'd been thinking of WC/Loretto this past week with the de facto district championship game coming up and all.  Loretto had a great team back then, and was always impressive to watch.

I wasn't offended, I was just replying because that stuff always interests me, and I'd been thinking of WC/Loretto this past week with the de facto district championship game coming up and all.  Loretto had a great team back then, and was always impressive to watch.

We were fortunate to have good athletes and an even better coach. We were unfortunate that we had to play those private schools. I had to chime in on this topic due to the fact that reading the posts that volley back and forth between WC and Cwood people are my "soap operas" during my down times at work. LOL. I was a little disturbed about the talk of once proud Collinwood "not showing up" or "forfeiting" a game. A lot of those kids do read these posts and I don't want them to think that their high school football days aren't worth the effort they put into it.

We were fortunate to have good athletes and an even better coach. We were unfortunate that we had to play those private schools. I had to chime in on this topic due to the fact that reading the posts that volley back and forth between WC and Cwood people are my "soap operas" during my down times at work. LOL. I was a little disturbed about the talk of once proud Collinwood "not showing up" or "forfeiting" a game. A lot of those kids do read these posts and I don't want them to think that their high school football days aren't worth the effort they put into it.

I completely agree.

that was last year.. this is a new year so if you wana go back then we will..... holler at me when yall get a state ring or even make it to the quarter finals lol see ya later cousinwood................................................. 27-0 :popcorneater:

I don't know who you are but if I did I would tell this to you to your face. You need to tone it down and show some class! You probably won't be posting when it happens, but remember what goes around comes around. WC will be down again someday. I suspect your a student or player. I would like to think that your not an adult. Our game with Collinwood is over we got more things to take care of.

I don't know who you are but if I did I would tell this to you to your face. You need to tone it down and show some class! You probably won't be posting when it happens, but remember what goes around comes around. WC will be down again someday. I suspect your a student or player. I would like to think that your not an adult. Our game with Collinwood is over we got more things to take care of

i think he already gone....some stuff got deleted and havent seen him since......dont know for sure

Edited by wboro33