Whitehaven vs Ridgeway

coach10ac

Obviously 6a and 5a is a big difference to this guy but everyone else knows there is none. Or why is the matchup between Maryville vs alcoa hyped up every year and alcoa is a 3a team. ..lol.... they love to hate. keep up the good work dude. .if 2012 was a long time ago, you sure remember alot about it...BHS, the beat goes on. ..lol

Ridgeway 28 Whitehaven 21

My only pick for the week until kwc comes out with the big games and I'll have mine in by 6 pm on Friday

I've already posted the BGIM for Week 5 BBD. Go get your picks in.

or ...

You can wait till Friday ... either way.

Edited by kwc

The Commercial Appeal has a story titled "Vanderbilt suspends former Memphis East star Brian Kimbrow indefinitely" The article doesn't give any details into why he is suspended because Vandy isn't giving out specifics to the press.They (Vandy) just say that it is "conduct detrimental to the team".

Looks like Vandy's football program is flushed for this season and the next few at least. Puts a big smile on my face

This one will be a dandy!

By Most People's standards, these 2 will be favorites in their classes to win gold balls!

While they both will more than likely be Number 1 Seeds, I say Both will probably be gone by the second Round and make it no further than the Quarterfinals (And No Henry County WILL NOT be the ones to eliminate Ridgeway again!)!

Granted, both are in 2 of the toughest Districts in TSSAA as well as tough schedules!

With that Said...

Whitehaven 36, Ridgeway 35

I don't think there is anyway Whitehaven comes east and gets a gold ball.   Maryville, Blackman, or Oakland are too good.  

Whitehaven 34 Melrose 12

The Tigers improve to 5-0 on the year with a balanced offensive attack and a defense that completely shut down the Golden Wildcats. Whitehaven held Melrose to -70 yds rushing in the game and had 5 sacks and numerous TFL's en route to the victory. The Tigers had 212 yds on the ground and 186 via the air. Jordan Williams was 12-19 with a touchdown pass to Kerrick Jones, who caught 7 balls for 83 yds. Melrose QB Cedrick Crawford was 16-28 for 200 yds and 2 TD's. Jermaine Johnson had 8 catches for 77 yds and a touchdown while Tony Pollard had 3 catches for 88 yds and a score.

The above quote came from the Shelby Metro Sports Blog Spot. This particular summary is listed under the title "Game recaps for the week of September 19". I posted it to emphasize a point that I think will be significant this Friday at Halle Stadium. Last week, Whitehaven faced a Melrose team that hs one of the best passing attacks in the Shelby Metro area with two D1 WRs that will be playing on Saturday's in the near future. #5, Tony Pollard, has already verballed with the University of Memphis for the 2015 football season. #2, Jonathan Johnson, hasn't verballed YET ... but he's being wooed by the big boys and may very well be catching balls in the SEC. (UT, Ole Miss, Missouri, Memphis, and about 4 more have already offered) Those wide outs at Melrose aren't slouches ... they are esteemed amoung the elite. However, they differ significantly from the WRs that are currently at Ridgeway. The Melrose WRs are speed merchants. They aren't that big ... they are both 5'-9ish and about 170 -175 ish. Both are cat quick, as well as, fast as lightning. Covering them was like trying to catch one of those fast and quick honey bees while standing in one of those, old fashioned, glass encased phone booths. (Some of you may be too young to remember what those are being that we live in the era of the cell phone)  Trust me when I say ... that is a very difficult task.

In this week's game, Whitehaven will face another passing attack that has highly skilled D1 caliber WRs. However, this passing attack will feature a different TYPE of receiving corps. This receiving corps consists of  #15, Sr., Katavious Taylor, a 6'-2" 170 lb. WR (Verballed to Jacksonville State), #11, Caymon Gordon, a 6'-3", 190 lb. WR, #2, So., Vincent Taylor, a 5'-10", 180 lb. WR, and #85, Sr., Marquette Murdock, a 6'-2", 225 lb., TE (Verballed to SEMO)(Who I think is the best pass catching TE in the Shelby Metro area and maybe the state.) All of them get their fair share of footballs thrown their way. They aren't the small speedy type. They are big, physical, fast with good hands. They have a quality QB throwing the ball their way. Throw in the fact that they have a really good running game ... Whitehaven's 'D'. once again, has their collective hands ... FULL.

6A vs. 5A?  Whitehaven if you can't take care of business don't even show up for the 3rd round of the playoffs against East/Middle TN.  2012 was a long time ago.

Actually, in 6A, under the scenerio to which you speak; it would only take place in the FOURTH ROUND ... which most folks generally refer to it as the 'Semi-finals'.

But ... we get your gist.