Clay County @ Red Boiling Springs

swanson71

Clay is at RBS this week for RBS's homecoming.  RBS was dealing with some injuries and it showed last week against Watertown, BUT I think the boys rebound this week and I expect a better game this week against Clay.  After watching Watertown, Jackson, and Gordonsville I do not believe that there is much difference between all 3 teams and RBS should have shown up better against Watertown. 

Clay is at RBS this week for RBS's homecoming.  RBS was dealing with some injuries and it showed last week against Watertown, BUT I think the boys rebound this week and I expect a better game this week against Clay.  After watching Watertown, Jackson, and Gordonsville I do not believe that there is much difference between all 3 teams and RBS should have shown up better against Watertown. 

Swanny check out Clay Co.'s new QB and give me your honest opinion of him after the game

UCSportsfan, my opinion of the game.

He throws the ball VERY well! Footwork needs some work and he never ran the ball. Needs that running threat to open up the passing game.4 turnovers by him hurt Clay bad. Has potential and size. Can't wait to hear what Swaney has to say. Good win by RBS.

Edited by bob77

RBS took the win 32-24. Like bob said Clay's first 2 scores come on kick off returns and only scored on one offensive possession. If RBS could have eliminated the mistakes on special teams at the beginning of the game RBS wins by 2 or 3 scores.

sportsfan, Clay's QB has a big arm and could be very good once he fixes a few mechanical problems. I noticed that he struggled outside the pocket when throwing, when he got to stay In the pocket he seemed a bit more comfortable. Some of those short intermediate passes were bullets coming out of his hand and his receivers just couldn't handle them. I know one of the interceptions was where it bounced off his guy in the hands of the defender. Of all the quarterbacks I've seen this year he's by far got the strongest arm and being just a sophomore he could be very, very good in the next couple of years. Outside him and #84 Clay is not a very good football team and like I said if RBS could have made a tackle on their first 2 kickoffs it's a 2 or 3 score win for RBS.