Clay County @ Red Boiling Springs

swanson71

I believe yall have a very good chance at finishing 5-5. I'm not up to date on how the 1a playoffs work, but at 5-5 would yall get into the playoffs with a 0-4 district record?

I believe yall have a very good chance at finishing 5-5. I'm not up to date on how the 1a playoffs work, but at 5-5 would yall get into the playoffs with a 0-4 district record?

6-4 is possible for RBS. The only game where I would say they will lose for sure would be Trousdale County(I think they beat Goodpasture,Clinton County(KY) and Pickett County).

I'm going to say Goodpasture will be a good game but definitely capable of beating them. Pickett and Clinton should be definite wins so 6-4 is a possibility. Baxterbirite, 5-5 isn't a great record but over half of the team are sophomores with a freshman starting at qb. I just expected a 4-6 record at best this year and so far we're a play here and a play there from 5-1. I expect RBS to be a good football team the next couple of years.

Edited by swanson71

I'm going to say Goodpasture will be a good game but definitely capable of beating them. Pickett and Clinton should be definite wins so 6-4 is a possibility. Baxterbirite, 5-5 isn't a great record but over half of the team are sophomores with a freshman starting at qb. I just expected a 4-6 record at best this year and so far we're a play here and a play there from 5-1. I expect RBS to be a good football team the next couple of years.

6-4 is a good possibility too, but if yall were to finish 5-5 and 0-4 in the district, would yall still be in the playoffs?

6-4 is a good possibility too, but if yall were to finish 5-5 and 0-4 in the district, would yall still be in the playoffs?

I believe we would be on the bubble at 4-6. From my understanding of the playoffs the top 2 teams from each district automatically get in. Then the rest of the playoff bracket is filled in due to record. So who you play and your final over all record are very important.

I believe we would be on the bubble at 4-6. From my understanding of the playoffs the top 2 teams from each district automatically get in. Then the rest of the playoff bracket is filled in due to record. So who you play and your final over all record are very important.

Thanks, have never looked into the selection of 1a teams. Sounds like yall will be playoff bound. Has RBS ever been to the playoffs, if so, when?

Thanks, have never looked into the selection of 1a teams. Sounds like yall will be playoff bound. Has RBS ever been to the playoffs, if so, when?

Nope... They've never been! Only one winning season in 1978 and a .500 record in 1979. If we finish 5-5 it would be the best record in 35 years! Going to be better the next 2 years....