Boyd Buchanan Senior Commits to College

skydogg25

• Boyd-Buchanan senior Josh Antwine signed Thursday to continue his baseball carer at Tennessee Temple University. He wanted to get his decision out of the way before his final season with the Buccaneers, and he picked Temple over Bryan, Young Harris and colleges in Missouri and Pennsylvania. "It had a lot to do with being a smaller school and a Christian school and being close to my parents, and Coach [Greg] Bartley is a real great guy. I want to spend the next four years playing for a guy I can look up to and respect," said Antwine, a 6-foot-3, 165-pounder who batted .338 with an on-base percentage of .520 last spring. He caught for the Bucs and "also can play on the dirt or in the outfield," said Bartley, who saw him this summer as a pitcher. "He's got a lot of upside. He'll probably play somewhere in the field as well as pitching, and he can hit it pretty good," the coach added. "He's just a good all-around athlete, and he's a high-academic and high-character guy."

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• McKenzie had no trouble with Huntingdon.  
    • Has BA landed any cornfed cowboys to block up front?
    • Yea I agree I will say tho I was a big “ v “ fan if an  opening ever did happen I think it would’ve been good to see him have a shot coming from a power house like Oakland. I’m sure he’s learned a lot from Kevin.  I bet he would bring a really good offense scheme IMO But after all this I just dunno anymore.  Whatever happens with the rumors an such if it did come to and opening I think this messes it all up.  The board members dreams are slowly slipping away now. I haven’t lived there for awhile I just hear what I hear, but my question is would there be any good potential candidates?? That’s why I don’t understand why people want b s out so bad who else could do any better ?? IMO there’s nothing attractive about it? As I stated earlier I went to the last game last year and taking a leak in a porta Potty is pretty sad and still nothing being done they say .. 
    • I have a sophomore that can do 177 (preferred) or 192. Sent you an email.
    • speaking of board members how can a man get arrested 12 days ago and still be head coaching a team in TC school system? looks like your right about the tc board members. I bet it would be different if they had a kid on the team