MOST UNDERATED! MEMPHIS EAST

Smdh.... Whitehaven, white station, central, east, are all in the same division. But what do I know. I'm just a Whitehaven alum/fan. ...

They ALL are 16AAA, but East, Melrose, Hamilton and Overton all vying for positions in the 5A playoffs...

Us, Central and White Station compete for 6A playofss... We have pretty much locked up our spot by beating the two other 6A schools. We win the rest we're likely #1 seed in Quad 4 in the 6A playoffs...

East, Ridgeway are battling for that #1 Seed in Quad 4 in the 5A playoffs

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

Smdh.... Whitehaven, white station, central, east, are all in the same division. But what do I know. I'm just a Whitehaven alum/fan. ...

Yeah like it's already been stated East is 5A. Why TSSAA does it that way I don't know. You got 3 of the top 6A schools in the area having to go through mostly 5A teams to make the playoffs while in other division you have 5A schools play the majority 6A teams to get there. Isn't there enough of each class to fill each division with the same class? 

Yeah like it's already been stated East is 5A. Why TSSAA does it that way I don't know. You got 3 of the top 6A schools in the area having to go through mostly 5A teams to make the playoffs while in other division you have 5A schools play the majority 6A teams to get there. Isn't there enough of each class to fill each division with the same class? 

Basketball and Baseball and Track and every other sport A, AA and AAA Makes sense... Only in Football is where it doesn't... 

Who are top D1 prospects on the Memphis East team?

#1 DT Vasco Curry Jr,,#1 DE Ray Taylor,#1 CB Kyland Tate, #1 RB Devante Turner,#1 FB Rodrick Fields,

They all wear jersey #1??? 

What publication are they ranked #1??? 

Let me see if I can assist in this endeavor. Right now, the only guy on the East roster that is on anybody's preseason recruitment list is Vasco Curry, who is listed below.

#60, DT Vasco Curry, 6'-0", 260 lb. (Accoring to Scout.com ... Memphis, Ole Miss, UT, Vandy)

The other players listed are outstanding football players who will probably get opportunities to play on Saturdays as well.  According to my calculations, adding what Mr. Devante Turner did against Briarcrest this past Friday night ... 157 yds on 20 carries for two (2) TDs to what is listed at the Shelby Metro Sports Blog website for individual statistics has Mr. Turner as the leading rusher in the City with the following stat line.

#5, RB Devante Turner, 5'-9", 170 lb., Jr. (according to M A X Preps)

Carries            Yards       Avg            TD

97               700          7.2            13

According to the roster at M A X Preps, the other players mentioned are listed as follows:

#52, DL/OL Ray Taylor, 6'-1". 255 lb., Sr.

#8, DB Kyland Tate, 5'-10", 170 lb., Sr. (2 Ints going into the Briarcrest gm)

#32, FB Roderick Fields, 5'-10", 239 lb. Sr.

Others not mentioned, but should be noted:

#12, QB/S Eric Banks, 6'-5", 215 lb., Jr. (Yes, he's a 6'-5" QB AND S)

#7, DB Teddrick McGhee, 6'-1", 175 lb. Jr. (2 Ints going into the Briarcrest gm)

Note:

I've noticed the Kyland Tate young man. He's had an outstanding year so far. He's special. He's a playmaker.

Edited by kwc

Let me see if I can assist in this endeavor. Right now, the only guy on the East roster that is on anybody's preseason recruitment list is Vasco Curry, who is listed below.

#60, DT Vasco Curry, 6'-0", 260 lb. (Accoring to Scout.com ... Memphis, Ole Miss, UT, Vandy)

The other players listed are outstanding football players who will probably get opportunities to play on Saturdays as well.  According to my calculations, adding what Mr. Devante Turner did against Briarcrest this past Friday night ... 157 yds on 20 carries for two (2) TDs to what is listed at the Shelby Metro Sports Blog website for individual statistics has Mr. Turner as the leading rusher in the City with the following stat line.

#5, RB Devante Turner, 5'-9", 170 lb., Jr. (according to M A X Preps)

Carries            Yards       Avg            TD

97               700          7.2            13

According to the roster at M A X Preps, the other players mentioned are listed as follows:

#52, DL/OL Ray Taylor, 6'-1". 255 lb., Sr.

#8, DB Kyland Tate, 5'-10", 170 lb., Sr. (2 Ints going into the Briarcrest gm)

#32, FB Roderick Fields, 5'-10", 239 lb. Sr.

Others not mentioned, but should be noted:

#12, QB/S Eric Banks, 6'-5", 215 lb., Jr. (Yes, he's a 6'-5" QB AND S)

#7, DB Teddrick McGhee, 6'-1", 175 lb. Jr. (2 Ints going into the Briarcrest gm)

Note:

I've noticed the Kyland Tate young man. He's had an outstanding year so far. He's special. He's a playmaker.

East got some players looks like

East got some players looks like

Indeed.

Two games of note.

Game 1, Fri., October 17, East @ Whitehaven (For District 16 AAA title)

Game 2, Thu., October 23, Ridgeway @ East (at the Fairgrounds for 5A seeding purposes)*

* = loser will more then likely have to beat Millington at their place in the 2nd round in order to create a 3rd round rematch for all the marbles.

Edited by kwc