Week 6: Heritage at Maryville

BigDave1967

Because of our recent problems with depth at our skill positions, maybe it would be worthwhile to get Fulton on the schedule. That might open up some new recruiting ground that Murvil has not benefited from.

Alcoa has already beat you to those fertile grounds.....they have Fulton kids playing for them all the way down to the pee wee level.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the crowd at Herb's Market are counting on the injury bug and a big rain Friday to even the playing field this week. Has anyone heard the weather forecast for that evening. 

Last I heard was rain all day. Better put your money on the mudders...uhhh....never mind.

Should be a good game.

If it rain all day long and there were big chance of thunderstorms would they consider moving this game to Saturday Night since the Tennessee and Florida game is at noon Saturday,

I wondered that too, but hourly forecast calls for rain to be out by 8PM and the new field likely drains well. And I think Heritage will need a lot more than a wet field as an equalizer, especially with our defense. 

I wondered that too, but hourly forecast calls for rain to be out by 8PM and the new field likely drains well. And I think Heritage will need a lot more than a wet field as an equalizer, especially with our defense. 

This is the skinny from Herb's. They think we will fumble the ball a bunch of times and throw a few interceptions because of the youth at QB, The dept at RB and a wet ball situation. Of course they will also but their counting on us to be flat because of the past history. Their counting on Maryville fans not to be there because their little vacations won't permit them to and also counting on the weather to take care of the other half. I don't know how many times I've been told this week a snob won't go set in a rain storm to watch a ballgame because it might wash off their makeup. I personally wish they would move it to Saturday Night because this is a big money game for both schools and it wouldn't make sense gate wise. I 

This is the skinny from Herb's. They think we will fumble the ball a bunch of times and throw a few interceptions because of the youth at QB, The dept at RB and a wet ball situation. Of course they will also but their counting on us to be flat because of the past history. Their counting on Maryville fans not to be there because their little vacations won't permit them to and also counting on the weather to take care of the other half. I don't know how many times I've been told this week a snob won't go set in a rain storm to watch a ballgame because it might wash off their makeup. I personally wish they would move it to Saturday Night because this is a big money game for both schools and it wouldn't make sense gate wise. I

I remember the last time we had a game moved to Saturday, didn't work out for us. Ain't gonna happen. And if people are on vacation Friday I'd say they will be Saturday too or that would be the shortest vacation in history.

If my defense had given up over 100 points the past two games I would likely be hoping for divine intervention from the weather as well.