Week 6: McMinn County at Soddy Daisy

BigDave1967

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SD is a tough place to get a win at. If its close the officials historically determine the outcome at SD.....they love throwing or not throwing their yellow hankey in critical times.

I remember one game at SD when they played in the poop and mud.....it was awful. The field was covered in mud and some sewage. But we still played. Its a awful to place to go play....the dressing rooms are forever away from the field not to mention you have to climb a mountain from the field to get to your dressing room. The visitor bleachers while they are newer they are low and you don't have a good view. Oh well...enough about the bad!

This is a critical game for both teams as SD is looking to move to 5-1 and position themselves for the playoffs while McMinn is looking for their first win of the season. Again its a tough place to get a win especially when you've struggled all year to play a complete game. The Tribe will compete till the final whistle but can they pull themselves out of the ditch and get a win????

SD is a tough place to get a win at. If its close the officials historically determine the outcome at SD.....they love throwing or not throwing their yellow hankey in critical times.

I remember one game at SD when they played in the poop and mud.....it was awful. The field was covered in mud and some sewage. But we still played. Its a awful to place to go play....the dressing rooms are forever away from the field not to mention you have to climb a mountain from the field to get to your dressing room. The visitor bleachers while they are newer they are low and you don't have a good view. Oh well...enough about the bad!

This is a critical game for both teams as SD is looking to move to 5-1 and position themselves for the playoffs while McMinn is looking for their first win of the season. Again its a tough place to get a win especially when you've struggled all year to play a complete game. The Tribe will compete till the final whistle but can they pull themselves out of the ditch and get a win????

Why bring up field issues 11 years ago. I dont know how long ago you have seen it but the booster club takes good care of it now. Yes the visitors side isn't great but name one school around here that does have a good visitors side. I think it is about normal. I dont know about the refs, hamilton county rotates it refs so soddy rarely has the same. Also both teams climb the hill so no advantage there. I dont think this will be close enough for the refs to get the blame. soddy by 14 or over. Also I want to hear from other fans is soddy's field that bad. What do you think blue raider, you were there this year werent you?

Why bring up field issues 11 years ago. I dont know how long ago you have seen it but the booster club takes good care of it now. Yes the visitors side isn't great but name one school around here that does have a good visitors side. I think it is about normal. I dont know about the refs, hamilton county rotates it refs so soddy rarely has the same. Also both teams climb the hill so no advantage there. I dont think this will be close enough for the refs to get the blame. soddy by 14 or over. Also I want to hear from other fans is soddy's field that bad. What do you think blue raider, you were there this year werent you?

I personally like Soddy's field.

no I went to the Walker Valley and bradley game that week.

McMinn has the best visitor side in our Region. It holds 1,000 fans....has its own bathroom facility and concession area.

Have they improved the lighting at SD?

On the game McMinn had two families that moved into Athens 2 weeks ago and wow did they bring some help to the Cherokees. They have two sons one that is a 6'3 220 lb linebacker and the other is a 6'2 240 lb defensive end. The other family had a 6'1 290 lb offensive tackle. Not sure if there other son will play football but he is a 6'3 200 lb receiver.

McMinn has the best visitor side in our Region. It holds 1,000 fans....has its own bathroom facility and concession area.

Have they improved the lighting at SD?

On the game McMinn had two families that moved into Athens 2 weeks ago and wow did they bring some help to the Cherokees. They have two sons one that is a 6'3 220 lb linebacker and the other is a 6'2 240 lb defensive end. The other family had a 6'1 290 lb offensive tackle. Not sure if there other son will play football but he is a 6'3 200 lb receiver.

I personally think bradley has the best stadium in the district

I personally think bradley has the best stadium in the district

Bradley does have a good stadium but when it rains a lot there field turns into a swamp because it sits in a hole. McMinn played at Bradley two years ago after several days of rain and the game was a mud bowl. From parking to visitor seating, concessions, bathrooms, easy entry and exit to playing surface....McMinn has the best in Region II 5A. Not to mention McMinn added the new score board this year and play clocks in each end zone.

Bradley does have a good stadium but when it rains a lot there field turns into a swamp because it sits in a hole. McMinn played at Bradley two years ago after several days of rain and the game was a mud bowl. From parking to visitor seating, concessions, bathrooms, easy entry and exit to playing surface....McMinn has the best in Region II 5A. Not to mention McMinn added the new score board this year and play clocks in each end zone.

oh I agree, but as far as viewing experience, I like bear stadium. I've always liked Mcminns home side though.