Henry County Patriots @ 6-0 Springfield Yellow Jackets

JacketLover

To say I'm looking forward to this game is an understatement. Springfield wants to knock HC off like every other team in the district. I think this one is close early and HC pulls away in the 4th. HC needs to limit the big plays and untimely penalties to win this game. If they don't, anything can happen but I like HCs chances to come home with a W.

To say I'm looking forward to this game is an understatement. Springfield wants to knock HC off like every other team in the district. I think this one is close early and HC pulls away in the 4th. HC needs to limit the big plays and untimely penalties to win this game. If they don't, anything can happen but I like HCs chances to come home with a W.

They have always had quick/fast athletes, they just needed some direction. Very good young coaching staff that are sticklers as far as discipline is concerned and knowledge despite limited experience. Coach Wilson could be there 25 to 30 years, the program now has stability and is in good hands.....

Edited by Kevin38

The key matchup in this game, in my opinion, is the Springfield O line vs the Henry County D line. The Patriots get a huge push from their D line, and if the Jackets can somewhat neutralize that it will be a huge benefit. I think Springfield will get at least one big play by breaking through the HC defensive front like Rossview and Kenwood were able to.

The other key, which has already been mentioned, is how well the Jackets can hold up through 4 quarters against the constant pounding from the HC running game. The Jackets are very well conditioned but this will be their greatest test yet.

One item that will be interesting to watch is the coaching matchup also. Coach Wilson and staff did an excellent job against White House, and Coach Porter gave them credit for that. Coach Counce is a great coach, so the chess match between the two coaches will be fun to watch.

The key matchup in this game, in my opinion, is the Springfield O line vs the Henry County D line. The Patriots get a huge push from their D line, and if the Jackets can somewhat neutralize that it will be a huge benefit. I think Springfield will get at least one big play by breaking through the HC defensive front like Rossview and Kenwood were able to.

The other key, which has already been mentioned, is how well the Jackets can hold up through 4 quarters against the constant pounding from the HC running game. The Jackets are very well conditioned but this will be their greatest test yet.

One item that will be interesting to watch is the coaching matchup also. Coach Wilson and staff did an excellent job against White House, and Coach Porter gave them credit for that. Coach Counce is a great coach, so the chess match between the two coaches will be fun to watch.

Agreed, Coach Wilson and staff are knowledgeable beyond their years/experience, they will come in w/ a solid game plan and the team will be prepared.....

Well one things for sure, both fanbases are confident.

I think its gonna be a classic, myself. Kind of a shame this game is ending after this season with the direction Springfield appears to be going.

I do like HC this week. The Jackets have had a phenomenal season thus far, but I just don't think they have seen the caliber of D they'll be up against Friday, and with all that's on the line, I don't see HC giving anything other than their best effort.

BUT, as always, I will eat my crow with a side of turnip greens if I'm wrong, as I literally would not be shocked if it goes either way. Springfield is good.

Edited by MSURacer

If Liberty, Ridgeway, and Rossville could not put 30+ points on the board, I find it very difficult to believe Springfield could accomplish that task. It is possible but unlikely. HC has a stout D line and arguably the best LB in the state. I am nervous about this game but also confident in how HC has been playing.

If Liberty, Ridgeway, and Rossville could not put 30+ points on the board, I find it very difficult to believe Springfield could accomplish that task. It is possible but unlikely. HC has a stout D line and arguably the best LB in the state. I am nervous about this game but also confident in how HC has been playing.

Perhaps Springfield is better than Rossview, Ridgeway and Liberty. Kinda doubt that but time will tell.For comparison, consider: (1) Liberty has averaged 33.6 against its other five opponents( including 19 against Brentwood Academy and 

despite only 12 against MUS)

(2)Rossview has averaged 42.6 against its other five foes including 37 against Nashville power Hillsboro.

(3)Ridgeway is averaging 40.5 against its four other opponents including 49 against perennial

Mississippi power Olive Branch and 30 against 6A power Whitehaven.

They scored no more than 21 against the Patriots.

GO BIG RED

Patriots  17   Jackets  34

If 34 gets scored on this team, something will have gone wrong enough that 60 would be as likely.

Liberty averaging 33.6 per game, 21 vs HC

Beech averaging 34.6 per game, 21 vs HC

Northwest averaging 29.8 per game, 6 vs HC

Ridgeway averaging 40.25 per game, 22 vs HC

Rossview averaging 44 per game, 20 vs HC

Kenwood averaging 25.4 per game, 21 vs HC

These teams are averaging 16 points less per game against HC than against their other opponents so far.

Springfield is averaging 41.4 per game.

I'm guessing Springfield will score 27.