Week 6: Science Hill at Tennessee High

BigDave1967

SH 62 Tennessee 21

The only way to beat SH this year in my opinion is to stop them defensively , Malik has an off night, or they get outscored ( captain obvious ). 

If a certain set of events happen they may be on the other end of a lopsided score but when they are on .............their offense can play with anyone. It was not just Malik making it all happen last friday either. Their receivers  run very good routes and they know where to be on the football field. They have a very dynamic offense that is not predictable and very hard to defend. The threat of Malik taking off when the play lingers past a few seconds does maddening things to a defensive backfield. One hesitation to ponder covering him running and he has bombed one downfield for a TD. If a defense plays back on him there is not a defensive lineman in this state who has enough speed to tackle him in the open field. We have 3 defensive lineman who will all play next level and more than a few times I saw Malik juke 2 of them like they were on a basketball court. Corn Elder is the only other player I have seen that elusive. One of our better corners who likes to hit was burned more than a few times because of the seduction to cover the threat of Malik taking off. 

I get a kick out of the post where people say stop Malik and stop SH. People around here said the same thing about Corn Elder from Ensworth during his day. You can't stop a kid like that ...you may contain him but stop him no.

There are times when teams come into here ( BA ) and they just look shell shocked and out of sync. They just can't get it going. The kids just fold like a deck of cards after we score a few quick tds. I honestly thought SH looked the least out of sorts of the two teams last Friday night. I arrived at the game a little late and walked past the SH bench the moment SH scored its 2nd TD. The kids were jumping up and down and so fired up. You could tell they knew that night we had us a ballgame. I will be pulling for SH to do some big things this year and they will need to play with confidence and intensity. 

I read a post on the johnson city press article where someone wrote BA is not Oakland or Blackman. If we played either of those teams Friday night instead of SH the score would more than likely looked very similar. People who know football around here ( esp the 7aaa crowd ) know the difference in the elite level teams in 6a and D2 are splitting ant hairs. Thats why you never see anyone from Murfreesboro talking smack against the D2 schools. All I am saying is SH convinced me Friday night that they are in the upper crust in 6a. I hope they also convinced themselves.  

Edited by baylorbigdog1976