Week 6: Oakdale @ Oneida

crow

Not to mention a playoff game. Probably on the road but they'll still get a November game & the round ball coach will have to do without some of his players a while longer. I'm taking my hometown boys as usual, this is the only week I won't be an Eagle as well as an Indian.

The Indians will pluck the Eagles to add to their headdress

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True.  I wasn't even thinking that far ahead (to playoffs).

Oneida seems like a good community, I'm glad the team is doing well.

Thanks for the kind words, this is a very tight knit community, football really seems to be a vehicle The Lord uses to unite us. I know it sounds strange but it's true, I've seen many many wonderful blessings for people happen as a result in one way or another & I'm not talking football, I'm talking about life. I am one of them, because of the football program I was able to be part of the volunteer medical staff. Through that opportunity I was able to create new friendships, strengthen old ones, be there with my stepson first as a staff/player role then later as a staff/coach relationship. I also was blessed to be able to help a lot of kids both physically & was able to be there emotionally & spiritually when needed. One of the best feelings happens on Friday nights when a young man comes up to me at a game years later & shakes my hand or gives me a hug then introduces me to their young family & thanks me for whatever it was I helped them with. I also do the same to them sometimes, they've done as much for me as I could have ever done for them. Hard times come to both players & staff, the true measure of family is they're there when you need them, my Orange & White family always have been & always will be there for me & I for them. When folks ask me "which one is yours?" I just say "all of 'em, I've got 55 boys on the team & about 8 brothers coaching".

Sorry for the mushy post but this program has meant a lot to me for the last decade, just had to throw out a little appreciation for them.

Thanks for the kind words, this is a very tight knit community, football really seems to be a vehicle The Lord uses to unite us. I know it sounds strange but it's true, I've seen many many wonderful blessings for people happen as a result in one way or another & I'm not talking football, I'm talking about life. I am one of them, because of the football program I was able to be part of the volunteer medical staff. Through that opportunity I was able to create new friendships, strengthen old ones, be there with my stepson first as a staff/player role then later as a staff/coach relationship. I also was blessed to be able to help a lot of kids both physically & was able to be there emotionally & spiritually when needed. One of the best feelings happens on Friday nights when a young man comes up to me at a game years later & shakes my hand or gives me a hug then introduces me to their young family & thanks me for whatever it was I helped them with. I also do the same to them sometimes, they've done as much for me as I could have ever done for them. Hard times come to both players & staff, the true measure of family is they're there when you need them, my Orange & White family always have been & always will be there for me & I for them. When folks ask me "which one is yours?" I just say "all of 'em, I've got 55 boys on the team & about 8 brothers coaching".

Sorry for the mushy post but this program has meant a lot to me for the last decade, just had to throw out a little appreciation for them.

Excellent post, Crow.

Totally agree - great post. My son used to play AAU basketball with some boys from Scott County....they were good folks. I can't name any of them now though, it's been too long. My son is 29 now. I liked the stand Oneida took against the ACLU.

More Americans need to take a stand against this mess. Oneida has put their money where their mouth is. Kudos to them

Well you Indian fans i found this on page two after i found the GB-Rockwood thread on page three!I cant believe its got where a huge GB-Rockwood district game would get lost in three pages but i guess its a sign for the times.I love the Oakdale story this yr no matter how bad or good their schedule is,of course i would not be very upset if they pulled the upset just for the story but as usual i am an Oneida fan after our game.Next yr i may have to take a little different stand since we may be in the same district.Well to the game at hand.I dont think there will be any embarrassing of the Eagles,once Oneida puts this one away early the young Injuns will get some time.Eagles keep your heads up this will still be a great yr for you all!

Edited by orngnblk

Homecoming on the reservation.  Everyone invited.  After last week this game doesn't appear to be the heavy-weight fight it once was to be.  Oakdale will have to stuff the Oneida running game, which Greenback found is hard to do.  Oneida's front seven get penetration and the DB's have picks and this one is over at halftime.  Oneida comes off the throttle and cruises to victory on highly defensive second half.  Good luck to the Eagles this year, but no taking down the mighty Indians this year.

Wow......your getting quite accurate LK, for virtually a rookie poster, you hitting the head on a lot of nails.  Oakdale will be on it's heels against the Indian Defenders, and if the QB holds it very long at all he is gonna be on his back.  Oakdale will have a tough time holding the Oneida DT's from getting in the backfield from what I saw against Rockwood.  My guess is he will spend the majority of the first half running for his health.  Them Eagles were tough nuts....they kept getting back up after some good hits by the Tigers.  Expect the Tribe to win this one by only 4 or 5 scores because TL doesn't coach for style points.  I think Fulton is so good that their 3rd string is almost as effective as their 1st.....otherwise they wouldn't be hanging 70 points on teams.  Crazy.  Got to relax in the Ju-Ju Tent.....Peace Out my brothers!

Kazazoolo :thumb:

Not to mention a playoff game. Probably on the road but they'll still get a November game & the round ball coach will have to do without some of his players a while longer. I'm taking my hometown boys as usual, this is the only week I won't be an Eagle as well as an Indian.

At 7-3, in Quad 1 1A, I would say they will probably get a home game in the 1st round.