District 10A - Week 6 - Predict your Winners and Losers w/scores

NCSdad1962

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Academy by 7

NCS by however much they want

Mcewen/HC will come down to who wants it more.

I'd like to get off topic for a minute and say something about Houston County and that coach. When Coach Clark came in this program was in a low place (1-29) with the former coach. Clark revived them boys and got them to buy into what he was saying and they went 5-6 and a trip to Forrest for the playoffs, the next year he out together a 7-4 team with a loss to WHH in the playoffs. (Taken for granted that he fielded an all-state corner back and punter Josh Tharp, who ended up walking on at LSU for Les Miles). So yes we had a slow year last year and are having another one this year. That doesn't take away for what they've done with that program, they've started a fire over there in Erin. Will they get it back together? Yes, no doubt. Coach Clark knows what he is doing and that community trusts him 100%. I'm not gonna be the guy to give you 56 excuses or how bad luck affected a game OR WHATEVER, we've just gotten beat and that's reality. I think you see his magic when he marches 18-19 guys dressed out into a game where they believe they own the place.

My week 6 district 10A pics and Why!

NCS over East Rob. 45-13. I think NCS will dominate this game. Could be worse.

McEwen over Houston Co. 35-10. I've seen McEwen, they can run the ball but has difficulty in the passing game. I haven't seen HC, but they hasn't stopped anybody yet.

Clarksville Academy over Jo Byrns. 30-17. CA can not take this game for granted. JB always plays good against CA. I expect no different this time. I just think the Cougars are playing pretty good right now on offense and defense. I know they have practiced long and hard this week. CA can't turn the ball over like WHH did. It almost came back to bite them. We also have to tackle, #4 for JB seems to be hard to corral. Also there is rain in the forecast and if it does rain this will effect the game plan so it could be a closer score. Go Cougars.

Coach Clark is faced with running a program the way all programs should be run.  Have a defined zone and only have kids from that defined zone play on your team.  Nobody comin in from a different county to play. Nobody opting out of the bigger county school to play.  No make believe work study to offer.  when you play by the rules you will have good years and bad years,