7a-Any opinions?

jhdill

I think Van Buren has a very comparable freshman class.

That's great for VB and class A then.  Did the Van Buren group ever play the PC team "head to head" in middle school?  I've been watching those 5 from PC play together since they were in 3rd/4th grade - they are a special group.  We have a group of strong freshmen here in Cumberland County that has played against them and with them on travel teams over the years.  The Abbott kid can drop 30-40 when in "the zone" and Gibson may end of being a D1 prospect if he keeps growing and improving - 6'3"ish and dunks anyway he wants.  Young is strong and may have the most potential.  Should be some good battles in the future for you guys.

No idea if they played head to head or not. Just saw Van Buren at the James c hale and was very impressed.

I was there too, but I don't recall getting to watch Van Buren play.  Smith County won the small division at James C Haile, beating Pickett County in the finals - I can't recall if Van Buren made the final 4 or not.  Smith County had beat South Cumberland (Crossville) by 1 in the semi-finals. Pickett County went on to win the 2A Championship at the TNT State Tournament in Springfield, TN.  

• 3 weeks later...