7a-Any opinions?

jhdill

Who is this Key kid from Clay co "getting recruited by d1 schools"?  What position, strengths, weaknesses...  I haven't seen Clay in a couple of years tbh, so I hadn't heard of him.  

I have seen Clarkrange, Pickett, and alot of Jackson and Monterey.  I think 7A is in a great period right now where there is alot of competition.  All these teams are good right now and it should make for an exciting district race.  

Clarkrange will be very solid.  Size, shooting, and a zone/matchup that is sometimes difficult for opponents to counter. (see my Cavaliers, feb. last year....  :( )  

I know Pickett doesn't have the most talent, but I like their new coach.  Saw him coach several teams at White co... Teams always play hard for him, so I look for them to be a team on the rise the next couple of years. 

Jackson co will be good IMO, the hall kid along with a transfer from, you guessed it, my Cavaliers, will make for a good duo.  

I was thinking Monterey lost quite a bit as well, but some people around me seem to think coach West will have them in the race.  

All in all, an exciting time to be a 7A fan.  I'm sure the other teams I left out will be in the mix as well, I just can't comment as I haven't seen much of them

Who is this Key kid from Clay co "getting recruited by d1 schools"?  What position, strengths, weaknesses...  I haven't seen Clay in a couple of years tbh, so I hadn't heard of him.  

I have seen Clarkrange, Pickett, and alot of Jackson and Monterey.  I think 7A is in a great period right now where there is alot of competition.  All these teams are good right now and it should make for an exciting district race.  

Clarkrange will be very solid.  Size, shooting, and a zone/matchup that is sometimes difficult for opponents to counter. (see my Cavaliers, feb. last year....  :( )  

I know Pickett doesn't have the most talent, but I like their new coach.  Saw him coach several teams at White co... Teams always play hard for him, so I look for them to be a team on the rise the next couple of years. 

Jackson co will be good IMO, the hall kid along with a transfer from, you guessed it, my Cavaliers, will make for a good duo.  

I was thinking Monterey lost quite a bit as well, but some people around me seem to think coach West will have them in the race.  

All in all, an exciting time to be a 7A fan.  I'm sure the other teams I left out will be in the mix as well, I just can't comment as I haven't seen much of them

Tyreke Key can ball no doubt.  Heard he was a good kid too so that means he should be coachable which means Coach Edwards should have another outstanding team.  District 7A  is as good as its been in awhile.  I see Clay, Jackson and Clarkrange splitting their home/home games with Pickett Co. not too far away either.  Monterey is going to be down this year but could be a spoiler for someone.  

Yes depending on what line up coach Edwards wants to use he could start 6', 6' 2", 6' 5", 6' 6" and 6' 7". Not bad for single A ball. Depending on if the football team makes the playoff's and how far they go. Could take the football players some time to get on the floor.

Key went to WKU individual skills camp and showed out and TN Techs coach has shown some interest. He's only going to be a sophmore so has plenty more time to develop his game and will he practically lives in the gym. His strengths are getting to the rim with ease, ballhandling ,as well as, rebounding he's 6'2 and can jump pretty well. Decision making and defense are a bit of a weakness but that comes with age and experience he played a lot as a freshman and had great camps this summer. He will get some offers and be fun to watch to when he gets it all figured out. Also the size of his post players will help that much more.

Edited by TheTruthHurts22

Pickett does has a lot of talent, but they are very young so they'll get experience this year and they will be good for several years to come.  Nathan Aaron will be an excellent coach. After underachieving the last few years with all talent they had, I believe this year they will do better than expectations. This team should be fast and good on D. 

• 2 weeks later...