DB vs Boone

BatmanDB

I look for Dobyns Bennett to win big.I have not forgotten the " we are the real db " that Boone used a few years ago.Lots of football at J Fred starting tonight at 5.SH comes over for a double game between our freshmen and jv teams.The annual Robinson vs Sevier game is tomorrow evening.Friday is probably the last time Boone and DB will play a varsity football game for a good while,so I'm looking forward to a hard hitting game and a DB win.

I always bring up one of my all time favorite DB coaches during this game.Coach Watson was giving a speech to try and fire the players up a few years ago.He said those Boone boys think your city slickers and what are you going to say when they come up to the line and ask what color of panties are you city slickers wearing.A big lineman raised his hand and coach pointed and said ''what" ?.The lineman said,I guess I'd ask what color your mom was wearing last night...My son said coach tried his best to keep a straight face but smiled,shook his head,

and said that's a good one.

I always bring up one of my all time favorite DB coaches during this game.Coach Watson was giving a speech to try and fire the players up a few years ago.He said those Boone boys think your city slickers and what are you going to say when they come up to the line and ask what color of panties are you city slickers wearing.A big lineman raised his hand and coach pointed and said ''what" ?.The lineman said,I guess I'd ask what color your mom was wearing last night...My son said coach tried his best to keep a straight face but smiled,shook his head,

and said that's a good one.

Now that's funny even if it is probably just urban legend

Really happened.

2 FUNNY!!!!     Our players are pretty classy this year, hopefully our fans won't let all the redneck come out, but no guarantees....    Mainly wish both teams a good injury free game where everyone can shake hands at the end.      I think DB has way over-achieved so far this year, so congratulations on that and best of luck against Tenn High and the Hill in October