DB vs Boone

BatmanDB

Guest footballfan100

if you guys wouldve had 1 more play, you prob wouldve won..had it at the 4 when time ran out.  both games were very good! a entertaining night for sure. i thought your freshman team was missing a few this time. i did see the BIG #50 on the sideline, was he hurt? i seen him acting ok when he was talking to the qb on the sideline (laughing and smacking him on the helmet) , i thought it may be discipline or something.  anyway, i thought u guys played well and ran the ball really well at times, especially #20 and the qb #10, which i thought ran it more this game than last.  the first td he threw kept us on our heels the rest of the night. I kept waiting on #21 to make an impact on offense, but i did see him make several good tackles on D.  Is DB trying to play some just 1 way like the varsity also? 

To be honest about the whole game, i thought u guys had more weapons than we did and made it harder to play D against u guys.  if we stacked the line, u threw it over us and if we played man or loose, u guys just ran it on us. 

I also thought that we made some good deep passes and threw ball well on the seams at times.  so both teams gave each other some weaknesses to improve on. Good luck to you guys in the next few games..play safe and tell your boys they looked good.  (just dont tell our fans that a science hill grad is saying good things about the indians lol)

Boone is bad. I mean bad. Indians will probably be up 50 at halftime.

I agree, if DB is not up at the half by at least 40 then they may as well kiss the playoffs goodbye.   But in the end DB is not one of those programs that intentionally runs up the score just because they can, so the final should be something like DB in the 60's or 70's and Boone maybe 14 or less.

Footballfan100.Wish I could have stayed for the second game.Yep, #20 has been lighting it up.I told his dad that he should be very proud .#6 (I think that's what he had on last night )had a great game on the defensive line, they had to move him around , guessing if we needed a pass rush or a run stop.Your guys played a great game and I thought had us on the ropes towards the end.That punt return gave new life but I still thought a 6 point lead was going to get us beat.Nothing for SH to hang their heads about, it could have went either way.I can't hardly see on these smart phones and it's no telling some of what I write

Edited by BatmanDB

I suppose at some point Friday the LAST DB Tennessee State Champions will be honored--50 years! The HS game versus Boone doesn't seem to justify Champions returning from 'round the country. An offensive tackle, son of principle of Chattannoga Central, missed a chip-shot FG near the end of the game to effectively enshrine himself with having more to do in our/your State Championship. This by no means denigrates a defense allowing 31 points, the great Nicki Showalter, or 5 D1 and 2 small college standouts on a 34-man traveling squad. Personally,I approached Purple Pounder and offerred him all the steak and Champaign he could negotiate at the Chop House pre-game festivities. The individual must still harbor some "Best of Times" moment's remorse...or, he has no sense of humor. The defensive tackle was All-Hamilton League and I can personally vouch, HE had no sense of humor. So...where does that leave us? Blah game, coming off a loss, Champs hopefully liquored up, juices flowin'. My team mates have opted not to challenge 1964 CC "settle" the 0-0 tie at halftime. Therefore, in honor of fellow Champions, I will fight either tackle, their All-State QB, or ANYONE from Johnson City at the half.

um.......alrighty then.