DB vs Boone

BatmanDB

Waco seems to think that anyone who can pass can move the ball on DB consistently.   Does that mean DB does not have a good enough pass rush or are the d-backs just not covering well?     Should Boone abandon run plays and pass it every down, sort of what Crockett did?      I just can't see DB winning by anything less than 50+ but you DB fans would know best how to exploit your defense.      Yikers, just saw where they are calling for 90% chance of rain on game night, bummer

Waco seems to think that anyone who can pass can move the ball on DB consistently.   Does that mean DB does not have a good enough pass rush or are the d-backs just not covering well?     Should Boone abandon run plays and pass it every down, sort of what Crockett did?      I just can't see DB winning by anything less than 50+ but you DB fans would know best how to exploit your defense.      Yikers, just saw where they are calling for 90% chance of rain on game night, bummer

It's not that I "think", It's a fact. DB has played two "good" teams and the defense got toasted in both games. Have a look at the stats in those two games. It's a FACT.

WOW! DB's D gives up 42 and got "toasted" and SH gave up 45 vs BA with a backup qb and they're showing improvement every game. Just trying to follow your reasoning.

Brentwood Academy is a private school and is considered to be one step above 6A by most. They recruit legally. I could be wrong but I believe BA beat the #5 ranked high school in the nation earlier this year. I also have been reading post on CoachT from Science Hill fans who were actually at the BA game saying SH's defense is improving. And also some post from at least one BA fan who said SH defense played well. And a back up quarterback at a private school is probably better than a starter at 80% of public schools. So there's my reasoning concerning the SH defense. Now to DB. Ooltewah is a 5A school one step below 6A and last week was not ranked in the top 5 in 5A. Most people that was at the game say DB's defense got toasted. I take it that you are not disagreeing with that point. I have not talked to anyone that has said the DB defense is improving. There are a few players that are improving but the defense as a whole is not. DB has played only two good teams and they have racked up over 1,000 yrds. .........there's my reasoning.

This is just my opinion on what we need to do on defense and every position on the field.I'll throw out plenty to dispute.We need more guys helping at a younger age {middle school} that know the game and can break each position down with those players.I think the middle school coaches do well but they are just to thin with the time they have.I watched the 9th grade coaches talk all week about different

things and darned if we still didn't make those mistakes in the game.Same thing on the varsity .In other words,our coaches shouldn't have to teach football 101 at this level.If your a defensive back and are running down field with a receiver and that's your job ""forget"" everything and take care of your job until you 100% know it's time to break off of him.Don't stand there reading the QB while they run past you for goodness sakes.LB's have to make a split second read and either get to a spot for the run or back into that area that takes away many passing options.It always starts up front on both sides and so many plays are screwed up by linemen not doing their jobs because they think it's a two or three step play and can watch or half azz run around looking busy.Simple,on defense or offense,everyone should be moving until the whistle.Last and as I have said a 1000 times,we need to be stronger or you can forget going deep into the playoffs.That's something that also needs to start with our younger guys.Just my thoughts after not much sleep on the graveyards

This is just my opinion on what we need to do on defense and every position on the field.I'll throw out plenty to dispute.We need more guys helping at a younger age {middle school} that know the game and can break each position down with those players.I think the middle school coaches do well but they are just to thin with the time they have.I watched the 9th grade coaches talk all week about different

things and darned if we still didn't make those mistakes in the game.Same thing on the varsity .In other words,our coaches shouldn't have to teach football 101 at this level.If your a defensive back and are running down field with a receiver and that's your job ""forget"" everything and take care of your job until you 100% know it's time to break off of him.Don't stand there reading the QB while they run past you for goodness sakes.LB's have to make a split second read and either get to a spot for the run or back into that area that takes away many passing options.It always starts up front on both sides and so many plays are screwed up by linemen not doing their jobs because they think it's a two or three step play and can watch or half azz run around looking busy.Simple,on defense or offense,everyone should be moving until the whistle.Last and as I have said a 1000 times,we need to be stronger or you can forget going deep into the playoffs.That's something that also needs to start with our younger guys.Just my thoughts after not much sleep on the graveyards

Since you're regurgitating the opinions of SH and BA fans did by see where BA had 6-7 players out. The only comparison that can be made is with a common opponent. Crockett. Check the stats on those games.

You're really going to use Crockett as a comparison?  If it makes you feel any better I'll say DB's defense has improved more than SH's. Also, they'll be selling rose colored glasses and kool-aid at the concessions Friday night.