South Doyle 2014

SDHSallday

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew they were going to be very good when they pushed Oak Ridge around pretty easily in a scrimmage in August.  Bruce is just about unstoppable, but that qb really makes them go, he is really good throwing and running.    They could have beaten AC last year in the playoffs, but their coach refused to make on adjustment on offense and it got them beat.  I think it will come down to West and SD for the winner of quad 1.

Edited by ORidgeKat

I knew they were going to be very good when they pushed Oak Ridge around pretty easily in a scrimmage in August. Bruce is just about unstoppable, but that qb really makes them go, he is really good throwing and running. They could have beaten AC last year in the playoffs, but their coach refused to make on adjustment on offense and it got them beat. I think it will come down to West and SD for the winner of quad 1.

West will be out after 2 this season!

South Doyle is very strong, yes they have a week schedule, but other than OR and maybe CC so does AC and besides Maryville West schedule does not seem all that great so I do not think the schedule will be as big of a factor as you may think when the teams start playing each other.  Last season SD gave AC all we wanted in the first half of the playoff game in the second round last year, then AC came alive in the second half.  SD returned a lot and should be a handful come playoff time, I think if West and SD meet that West will pull that one out setting up a huge quarter final game between either OR or AC and the winner of that game could very well have to travel to Ooltewah for the Semi-Finals and that game is winnable for any of the 4 of AC, OR, West or SD. 

Also Catholic, but I was just thinking District games that AC and OR both play

Edited by Mav4life

South Doyle is very strong, yes they have a week schedule, but other than OR and maybe CC so does AC and besides Maryville West schedule does not seem all that great so I do not think the schedule will be as big of a factor as you may think when the teams start playing each other.  Last season SD gave AC all we wanted in the first half of the playoff game in the second round last year, then AC came alive in the second half.  SD returned a lot and should be a handful come playoff time, I think if West and SD meet that West will pull that one out setting up a huge quarter final game between either OR or AC and the winner of that game could very well have to travel to Ooltewah for the Semi-Finals and that game is winnable for any of the 4 of AC, OR, West or SD. 

Also Catholic, but I was just thinking District games that AC and OR both play

I agree with you, Mav. Having been a broadcaster in what is now 3AAA for so many years, and now at South Doyle and having seen the IMAC this year, I really don't think there is much difference in the competition level right now. Years past, maybe, but not right now.

West plays the toughest schedule with Murvil, Asheville, and Cleveland.  Mav, I think OR will get moved to quad 2, especially if Clinton makes the playoffs. 

see, I don't know how that works if OR wins the district, I would think that the district winner being an automatic qualifier would get seeded as the #1 in their natural quad first then then the runner ups, then the geographical locations would start playing into it, I could be totally wrong on this, but I would assume had you beaten AC last season that you would have gotten the seed that AC got and someone else would have gone to quad 2, maybe West?  like I said, I do not know so don't hole me to that, but that would make sense to me.  And I do not think Cleveland is that great, don't go by what they did last season, they are 2-4 right now, averageing losing by 21 points in their 4 losses and their only wins are a 2 point win to an awful McMinn County team that has not won a game, and they beat a 2-4 Wilson Central team by 14.  Granted the teams they lost to for the most part are pretty good, but I would put them in the same category of like a Gibbs team, Average, not Strong.  Ashville on the other hand is probably a pretty good team, but that only gives them 2 strong opponents in Maryville and Ashville, not that much different from our schedule in my opinion

Cleveland is alot better than Gibbs.  I know their record looks bad, but they are very physical up front with 2 good running backs.  They lost their best two receivers and qb, but they are a solid football team. Oline is very good,  QB gets better each week. I wouldn't want to catch them in an early round playoff game If they make it.   But you're right, the shedules are similar, I still say Murvil, Cleveland and Ashville, are the toughest 3 opponents combined than anyone else has. 

Edited by ORidgeKat