South Doyle 2014

SDHSallday

Cleveland is alot better than Gibbs.  I know their record looks bad, but they are very physical up front with 2 good running backs.  They lost their best two receivers and qb, but they are a solid football team. Oline is very good,  QB gets better each week. I wouldn't want to catch them in an early round playoff game If they make it.   But you're right, the shedules are similar, I still say Murvil, Cleveland and Ashville, are the toughest 3 opponents combined than anyone else has. 

What do you make of your game with Caitlik?

I am really not sure yet, prior to the season starting I picked us to go 8-2 with losses to OR and Catholic, but I have been surprised by how much better our defense seems to be and our running game has not seemed to skip a beat, Smith has been a nice surprise at QB, I knew he was fast and had a descent arm, but his decision making has been great and he is a little more elusive than I thought he would be, would still like to see more out of the passing game because I think he is capable of getting it done, its just that we have not had to throw yet and I think against Catholic we will have to, they are pretty good and with it being at Catholic I would probably still lean to them getting the nod over the Mavs in a close one, but if its close its winnable so you never know what may happen, I sure don't see Fox putting up another 400+ yard rushing performance against them this year that's for sure, but if he can get around 150 and the offense can put up around 300-350 total yards with Johnson and Smith having good nights than it is winnable, but let not turn this thread away from SD, I feel like they are a very good team that can beat anyone, I just do not think they are unbeatable which is going to make the playoffs this year very good in our area, any of the 4, West, SD, AC and OR can come out of that and you never know what a team like CC can do if they get in a rythym they could shock someone, going to be interesting and the season is shaping up nicely

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SD fans, I herd where Bruce left the game with an Ankle injury on Friday Night, is he ok?  Hope it was nothing serious, he needs to stay healthy not only for SD, but for the Vols as well

He's fine. Not a serious injury at all. Talked to him yesterday and he has responded well to treatment.

I think West and OR both go to Quad 2. Or at minimum one of the teams.

I could see one of them, not both I don't think, I would think if OR wins the district than OR and SD would get the top seeds and West may go to quad 2, If AC wins the District then AC and SD would get the top Seeds and OR may go to quad 2...that's just guessing though and all hinges I think on if SD wins out or not

They will beat West in the 2nd round and then lose to either AC or OR! Great team over that way with a little luck could make some noise and prove me wrong! Good luck to the Kees!

WOW! How times have changed....

We just want to build a program that people can be proud of and we are looking no further than beating our rival SEYMOUR.

Playoff seedings are as crazy as the TSSAA.We thought a couple of times we would be at home only to be dispatched up I-81.

WOW! How times have changed....

We just want to build a program that people can be proud of and we are looking no further than beating our rival SEYMOUR.

Playoff seedings are as crazy as the TSSAA.We thought a couple of times we would be at home only to be dispatched up I-81.

The times have changed and you should be proud, SD has a good team, I know u lose a lot this year with all those seniors, what does next year look like, do u have a good group behind them?

The times have changed and you should be proud, SD has a good team, I know u lose a lot this year with all those seniors, what does next year look like, do u have a good group behind them?

We do have a good group of lineman, and some talented young running backs but how do you really replace Rollins,Lundy and Bruce....

In my opinion, this team will go as far as Rollins can take them.

IMO the team that gets moved down to quad 2 has the best chance to make it to the semis. Ootlewah will be a tough game but I would rather see them than the possibility of seeing 2 of the big 4. If OR wins the district I would think west would go to quad 2, but if AC wins the district OR goes down to quad 2.

That's exactly how I see it playing out, it all depends on the 3AAA winner on what quad West is in

IMO the team that gets moved down to quad 2 has the best chance to make it to the semis. Ootlewah will be a tough game but I would rather see them than the possibility of seeing 2 of the big 4. If OR wins the district I would think west would go to quad 2, but if AC wins the district OR goes down to quad 2.

Yeah I agree if AC wins the district OR will go to Quad 2. I wouldn't count out the idea of West going to quad 2 either. That would be a murders row considering Ooltewah and if Rhea gets past Cookeville Friday could both be 10-0 in quad 2.

I think quad 2 could look like this

Ooltewah

Rhea

West

OR

Soddy

And 3 others like

Lenior City

Cleveland

Clinton

Knox Central

Stone