Sevier Co vs South Doyle Rivalry Thursday Imac Championship

gobears89

With no disrespect to the 4 1-4 teams left on our schedule this just seems like a better topic. So here we can discuss the remainder of the Smoky Bear season in 1 location.

Let me start by saying if the Bears lose 1 of the next 4 they should not make the playoffs. Jeff County would seem to be the most likely upset as they always give the Bears trouble. Seymour would be next since they are a true rivalry game but its at SC and it should not be close. Finally and up next will be on the road at Cherrokee and Cocke County if the Bears play anything near what they are capable of these teams are just over matched.

On to South Doyle. The Bears may have a slightly tougher schedule overall but SD has 2 better games in the 2 weeks leading up to the game this probably favors SD. SD also has the best player on the field in Bruce and the best lineman. SD has to have the edge in coaching also with all the changes at SC so all of the sudden the Bears are the underdog in an IMAC game. 1st time in probably all 5 or 6 seasons of this league in its current configuration. This game sets up to be a classic if the Bears win they will have won the league title every year that it existed thats not a bad record even though it was a "cupcake league". All a team can do is beat the teams on their schedule.

The game will be at home and the Bears have 4 weeks to get better. Right now if I had to pick a score the Bears would be on the short end but with time on our side Ill leave my score prediction till the time comes. Hopefully both teams stay healthy and it turns out to be the classic it has the potential to be.

Till then I will be trolling. :popcorneater: 

GoBears!

Agreed. Bears better learn to cover the middle of the field or we'll have more losses before we play SD

If we were playing competent teams I would agree with you. However we are not. Outside of SD the rest are just plain bad and should pose no real threat. If we lose to any of them then the Lingenfelter/co-rookie coordinators experiment can officially be deemed a failure.  

If we were playing competent teams I would agree with you. However we are not. Outside of SD the rest are just plain bad and should pose no real threat. If we lose to any of them then the Lingenfelter/co-rookie coordinators experiment can officially be deemed a failure.

Jeff county always plays us close. I'm nervous about that game. Still don't know about Seymour's coach. If he's as good as advertised he will exploit our weaknesses. I'm sure their players will be fired up to play us. If Seymour keeps it close at the half we'll be in real trouble. Looks like cherokee and Newport should b easy wins tho. Some of the mistakes and play calling I've seen makes me wonder if it will be a success. I'm sure a new head coach and new coordinators need time to find their groove