District 11A and 12A

allaroundsports

Predictions...    District 11A                                    District 12A

Columbia Academy                       Loretto

Mt. Pleasant                                  Wayne Co

Richland                                        Frank Hughes

Santa Fe                                       Summertown

Cornersville                                   Collinwood                 

Hampshire                                     Perry Co

MP's best player is out for the year with torn ACL, believe his last name is Smith, but MP returns 3 solid starters and they are very athletic..   CA returns Cary twins and multi purpose athlete, Thompson.. Richland will be better since they were young last year.. Santa Fe has big guy Winchester back.. Cville loses top three scorers and Hampshire also loses "the big three" that accounted for 98 percent of the scoring..  Loretto returns just about everybody, but with some injuries to football players, they should be strong come Dec or Jan..  Wayne Co also returns 3 starters ..  Frank Hughes  returns 4 starters, plus got two transfers from Miami..  Summertown will be about the same as last year but with no post player, it will hurt them..Collinwood loses entire starting lineup. PC loses 7/8 seniors from last year ..

allaroundsports I would say you pretty much nailed it.  I look for CA and Mt. Pleasant to return as the top two teams, and yes the loss of Ken Yores Smith will hurt but they have some good athletes.  CA does lose a very big body with the big guy which might change some things up some.

I also look for Loretto and stown/wboro to be towards the top of the pack.  Loretto will have one player with an injury but it has not slowed him down in football.  So far so good.  I had not heard about the transfers to Frank Hughes that might be interesting.

Summertown lost 1 player from last year and gained a junior that will add speed and athleticism to the team. Under new coach Wes Long, he has instilled a hard work ethic that Summertown has been know for in the past and a new basketball philosophy should have them getting better throughout the season and hopefully throughout the tournament.

Edited by cbballfan

I expect Summertown to challenge Loretto for District 12. This team has played together as the core of the team for the past 2 seasons without a solid leader as coach. I think under the leadership of Wes Long you will see the Eagles really gel. Look for Timmy Beard to have a breakout season for SHS and for this team to get better and better as the season progress. I dont think sub-state would be out of the question for this team to achieve.