District 11A and 12A

allaroundsports

Questions? Isn't Perry County coach a former NBA first round draft pick? Who is Loretto Basketball coach. They could had been good when they had Clint Wright Several years ago... But their Band director was the coach and he was absolutely terrible. But that was 7 years ago lol. They had a 6'3 Point Guard, 6'2 Forward, and 6'6 Clint Wright and only won like 7-8 games. I hope they have a new coach. Sorry for going back into history. Lol

As for Loretto their boys coach is Micah Rochester. The old coach was Darrel Boston and yes he was terrible to say the least. This years class should do pretty good as they have a lot of height and players that can hit the three but most, importantly a very deep bench.

O I knew his name lol. But proud that somebody gave him the Credit he deserved (though they are negative) looks like Loretto got themselves in a better position once Daniels retired..... Men's Basketball, Men's Soccer, and other than Anthony Keaton hire, Football were all horrible coaches. They were coaching because they were already teachers and my guess is the school didn't wanna bring anybody new in because they would had to pay..... The Keeton Hire would had been genius had his Dad not gotten sick. Loretto wouldn't had been outstered by Scott's Hill in the first round I bet cha that....

loretto had 5 fumbles in the game. You cant expect to outscore anyone like that. The Perry County coach is Kirk Haston. Has had a couple of teams about 3-4 years ago that were highly athletic and beat some teams they shouldnt have and played for a state title. 

As for the Summertown game---how did they play? Is Timmy Beard a factor yet or is he not a focal point? I think he can really be a X-factor in the season for the Eagles. He has some serious hops-reminds me of a former PC player that could jump out of the gym, Jacob Tucker. I am thinking if he brings an A game every night, Summertown could be really good with an outside-inside type of game.

Yes Kirk was the sixteenth overall draft pick in the 2001 NBA Draft. Because of back and knee problems he went to the NBA Developmental League for a year and averaged twenty points but the knee fired up again and that's when he hung 'er up. He's a great X's and O's coach and has done great with some of these kids that have never played basketball before. Linden this year looks better than the last two years but i don't see them being much over five hundred. They have the ability but more than likely just average. Parker Brown (#22 Sophomore, Corey Brown's son, Corey was the point guard when Kirk played on the 1997 team) has developed really well and has been a primary target for Linden as well as (#4 Senior) Jacob Capps. Lookout for those two players. Also Brown has some major hops. Dunked the ball against Adamsville and tried to dunk twice against Erin but one was a charge and the other was a blocking foul. If Linden can get the big man (#52 Jake Edwards) in the post and him stay there and not shoot ten footers all the time then they may surprise some folks. Also to add to your comment there Vandychris, Linden in the fifties shouldn't have beaten Kingsport or Hillsboro. In the seventies a lot of people had them beat against Knoxville Catholic but won. So with Linden beating Tiptonville in the 2012 Final Four (yes they were a lot more athletic) Linden was just more basketball knowledgeable. You can't win on talent alone. You have to win as a team and for about a six to seven year stretch that's what Linden did. 

Edited by PCsupporter4life

Linden lost to a very big and talented Scotts Hill team tonight 60-54. Scotts Hill made a lot of shots with hands in their faces and falling away with fade aways or whatever you young folk call it. These Linden boys are a lot better than the past two years. They are finally using their inside presence and it's paying off really well. How'd the rest of Region 6 do tonight?