New Classification

devilsden

Has anybody heard any news or GOOD facts about enrollment figures for east tenn. schools yet? Just wondering where the Red Devils will fall into 5A or if there numbers are down could they go to 4A.

Word on the street is Clinton & AC will be dropping down to 4A , but I think Halls will stay in 5A.

New classifications with regions are supposed to be released sometime in November.

Everything I have seen indicates that Halls will likely be a 5A school, along with other current 3AAA members Karns, Powell, Oak Ridge, and Campbell County. Same projections have current 3AAA schools Clinton, Central, AC, and Gibbs as 4A schools.

Edited by HTV

Everyone in the state had turned in their figures....except Murvil.

They are waiting to see how many kids they need to take on a field trip during head count day so they can get into 4A.......

Go Alcoee.

Amen.

Ewe wood bee sirprized how minny kids waint two find out furst hand abowt tha garbage/recrootin' biznuss frum upp clost...... :popcorneater:

I had a friend that said their were still some schools that had not turned in their numbers.  Don't know if that is true or not but he also said the figures for all schools would be announced by the middle of October.

I don't know if any of that is true but it sounds good to me.  I just can't see Central going  down to 4A but I guess they could always stay up so they can fill their schedule out.

What number will be the bottom cutoff for the Big 32 division?  HTV, I know you can get some insider info, come on and let us know.

I had a friend that said their were still some schools that had not turned in their numbers.  Don't know if that is true or not but he also said the figures for all schools would be announced by the middle of October.

I don't know if any of that is true but it sounds good to me.  I just can't see Central going  down to 4A but I guess they could always stay up so they can fill their schedule out.

What number will be the bottom cutoff for the Big 32 division?  HTV, I know you can get some insider info, come on and let us know.

Central won't have any trouble filling out a schedule whether they are 4A or 5A. Since we are going back to the old region format of top 4 making the playoffs, non-region games won't matter. We'll see schools that used to play in non-region/non-district games playing once again and non-region games being influenced in large part by who will generate good gates both home and away. Knoxville Central certainly fits in that category.

Nothing official here, but the 4A region that I hear could end up being in place most likely has Fulton, South-Doyle, Clinton, Central, AC, and Carter in it. Could be another team included, possibly Gibbs, but that's what I am hearing at this point.

And the 5A district being talked about includes Oak Ridge, Campbell County, Karns, Powell, and Halls. Obviously it will include another team or two, maybe Knoxville West, but not really sure at this point. Given where I am broadcasting now, I am paying more attention to the 4A projections at this point.

Bottom line - right now all that is out there are educated guesses and projections. Hearing a lot of things, but what I have posted seems to be coming from those closest to the decision makers.