1st)--Bradley Central (4)

2nd)--Cleveland (3)

3rd)--Walker Valley (2)

4th)--McMinn County

5th)--Soddy-Daisy

6th)--Ooltewah

7th)--East Hamilton

• 2 weeks later...

Only thing that might hurt WV is the new old coach. If he doesn't let them run and bring up at least 3 of the freshman up to varsity for depth he's going backwards. Saw them at camps this summer they can run. Cleveland will be OK not in the top two. Bradley lost more than just the two big post and I don't think the freshman from east Hamilton can make up they difference they will need everybody shooting open shots. Don't count McMinn. They will make you play ugly and physical. Gotta run them off the boards to pull away. The Chattanooga teams are a mystery to me only saw EH during the summer and they spent a lot of time not knowing who was running the point. And a lot of discussions amongst teammates on the court in the games I saw.

Only thing that might hurt WV is the new old coach. If he doesn't let them run and bring up at least 3 of the freshman up to varsity for depth he's going backwards. Saw them at camps this summer they can run. Cleveland will be OK not in the top two. Bradley lost more than just the two big post and I don't think the freshman from east Hamilton can make up they difference they will need everybody shooting open shots. Don't count McMinn. They will make you play ugly and physical. Gotta run them off the boards to pull away. The Chattanooga teams are a mystery to me only saw EH during the summer and they spent a lot of time not knowing who was running the point. And a lot of discussions amongst teammates on the court in the games I saw.

I'm a McMinn Central fan but I know several girls playing at McMinn Co. They lost their top two scorers from last year and probably half of the total points the team averaged. I'd bet none of their returning starters averaged more than about 8 points last year. They have two starters returning about 5'-8" who are good athletes but they aren't very good basketball players or ball handlers. Their point guard isn't a great ball handler either, she can get hot from the arc sometimes but she's not consistent from game to game. Their coach is a terrible game manager and leaves talent on the bench when his starters are struggling. He has had only one winning season in 8 years. Most places that would get you fired.

I thought last year was a bad year for 5AAA other than Bradley, but it looks like the district is going to be even weaker this year.

I'm a McMinn Central fan but I know several girls playing at McMinn Co. They lost their top two scorers from last year and probably half of the total points the team averaged. I'd bet none of their returning starters averaged more than about 8 points last year. They have two starters returning about 5'-8" who are good athletes but they aren't very good basketball players or ball handlers. Their point guard isn't a great ball handler either, she can get hot from the arc sometimes but she's not consistent from game to game. Their coach is a terrible game manager and leaves talent on the bench when his starters are struggling. He has had only one winning season in 8 years. Most places that would get you fired.

I thought last year was a bad year for 5AAA other than Bradley, but it looks like the district is going to be even weaker this year.

Glory you sure can tell you love the baby blue by your comments about McMinn. Of course you are forgetting about the 4 freshman that McMinn has coming in this year. Surely you know them as they were pretty much recruited by the powers that be in the Fire program to attend central. They were successful in getting one of them talked into playing at central but the others said thanks but no thanks I am playing for the black and gold. mark my words McMinn may be young and probably will have their growing pains this year but the future is bright for the Cherokees.

Check the DPA tomorrow and you'll see where McMinn's returning Senior starter signed to play with TWC. The other two returning starters are Juniors. I predict one will get a scholarship in basketball and the other in soccer.

Edited by blitzinbuc