2014 TSSAA Playoff Maps Are Up

rlh

So if the playoffs started today would Clarksville Academy or Waynesboro go to Quad 4?

It looks like CA is just 2 miles closer to Bruceton (the next furthest team East) than WC. Anybody know how that shakes.

If only 5 teams in West Tennessee make the playoffs, I'm pretty certain Wayne County will be sent to Quad 4.  Perry County was sent before CA a couple of years ago.  I don't think there is anything scientific in the process - its whatever they decide.  Typically they put teams in quadrants based on geographic coordinates, but sometimes they don't do that if there is a group of very close teams that would be unnecessarily split up by that process.  I suspect Jo Byrns will make the playoffs, and I doubt they split up Clarksville Acad., NCS, and JB when WC is all by itself in southern middle Tennessee.

And if they go by coordinates, I'm pretty sure WC is further west.

Edited by 1RT

That's what I'm saying although WC is further west CA is still technically closer to all of the other schools in the quadrant.  Doesn't really matter in the end up thought it was interesting question.

You can see the overall rubric if you go to regional standings and then click on what specific team you are looking for.  It will then take you to a hyperlink that shows the matrix values for that particular team and and overall ranking for all playoff projected teams in that class.

If only 5 teams in West Tennessee make the playoffs, I'm pretty certain Wayne County will be sent to Quad 4. Perry County was sent before CA a couple of years ago. I don't think there is anything scientific in the process - its whatever they decide. Typically they put teams in quadrants based on geographic coordinates, but sometimes they don't do that if there is a group of very close teams that would be unnecessarily split up by that process. I suspect Jo Byrns will make the playoffs, and I doubt they split up Clarksville Acad., NCS, and JB when WC is all by itself in southern middle Tennessee.

And if they go by coordinates, I'm pretty sure WC is further west.

It's entirely geographic. Whoever is further west will go to quad 4. They take nothing else into consideration. One quad could have 3-4 district champs in it while another quad could have none or 1 district champ. All they look at is geographic location.