Possible High School Football Pre-game Syndication

FridayMainEvent

I'm considering pitching the idea of syndicating my Friday Main Event pregame show and was curious to see if there is any interest before approaching the Owner with the idea.  For those who haven't heard my show, I interview Coaches from across the State from 4-5 PM each Friday then I discuss Big Games across the State with media members across the State or rundown the matchups myself sometimes.  Here is a list of Coaches that have appeared on my show so you can see how diversified we are.

George Quarles of Maryville

Gary Rankin of Alcoa

Rob Black of Fulton

Rusty Bradley of CAK

Steve Matthews of Knoxville Catholic

Randy McKamey at Knoxville Grace Christian

Grant Reynolds at Boyd Buchanan

Tim Moore at South Pittsburg

Vic Grider at South Pittsburg

Mark Pemberton at Rhea County

Jimmy Maynard at Cookeville

Kevin Creasy at Trousdale County

Steve Trapp at Dekalb County

Ryan Sulkowski at Coffee County

John Olive at Tullahoma

Brittney Garner at Pickett County

John Hardy at Shelbyville

Scott Smith at Warren County

Jeremy Austin at Moore County

Howard Stone at Columbia Central

Jake Tyre at Cascade

Thomas McDaniel at Oakland

Phillip Shadowens at Blackman

Ron Aydelott at Riverdale

Greg Wyant at Siegel

Matt Williams at Smyrna

Donnie Webb at Franklin

Mark Williams at Galatin

Thomas Osteen at Marshall County

Walt Smith at Giles County

Roger Perry at Mt. Juliet

Trey Perry at Mt. Juliet

Troy Williams at Dickson County

Tom Turchetta at Spring Hill

Tom Adkins at Jo Byrns

Steve Carson at Eagleville

Marty Wheeler at Covington

Eric Swenson at Huntingdon

Darrin Bowling at Union City

Rodney Saulsberry at Whitehaven

Derek Rang at Dresden

I list these Coaches to show that I hit the whole State.   My question is, do you feel this program is something your local station might be interested in carrying.   I don't know of any other pregame show that exposes it's listeners to the entire State.  I like the fact that people who listen to The Friday Main Event will be more familiar with programs when playoff time comes around.   If you click on the link below, you'll find a collection of PODCASTS for the show so you can decide if this show is something you guys may be interested in carrying locally.  Feedback, good or bad is welcome.  Thanks

The Friday Main Event PodCasts

The Ticket Radio Live Feed

Not trying to fuss at you, but wondering why you have not interviewed a single D2 coach in all of that?  Did you try and they just were not amenable, or do you have no interest in D2?  There are some pretty darn good coaches and some pretty darn good teams on the D2 side - imho, any show that calls itself "diversified" would cover that side as well as the D1 side.

Good luck on your attempt at syndication - I have not yet had the opportunity to catch your show, but love the fact that you are doing it!! 

Not trying to fuss at you, but wondering why you have not interviewed a single D2 coach in all of that?  Did you try and they just were not amenable, or do you have no interest in D2?  There are some pretty darn good coaches and some pretty darn good teams on the D2 side - imho, any show that calls itself "diversified" would cover that side as well as the D1 side.

Good luck on your attempt at syndication - I have not yet had the opportunity to catch your show, but love the fact that you are doing it!! 

More ignorance on my part than anything, RedRobin.  I'm down here in Southern Middle Tennessee and honestly don't know a lot about Division II.  I have made an effort to slowly break into that area.  I've got a guy who joins me each week at 5:15 that has a son on BA's football team, so he's trying to bring me up to speed.  I'm probably going to try and contact a couple of those guys soon.  (Maybe Coach Potter or Coach Bowers)  Trying to educate myself a little on that class first so I don't come across as clueless  (which I am on DII)

Thanks for the suggestion.  I appreciate it.

More ignorance on my part than anything, RedRobin.  I'm down here in Southern Middle Tennessee and honestly don't know a lot about Division II.  I have made an effort to slowly break into that area.  I've got a guy who joins me each week at 5:15 that has a son on BA's football team, so he's trying to bring me up to speed.  I'm probably going to try and contact a couple of those guys soon.  (Maybe Coach Potter or Coach Bowers)  Trying to educate myself a little on that class first so I don't come across as clueless  (which I am on DII)

Thanks for the suggestion.  I appreciate it.

Best wishes and good luck!

Nothing north or east of the Knoxville area? Graham Clark, Caine Ballard, Stacy Carter, Shawn Whitten, and Sam Haynie are all coaches of top 10 programs in their respective classifications over the last few years.

Yes, Coach Ballard's Greenville program is definitely one I'd love to have on.  Coach Clark at DB has won over 81% of his games and continues to rise on the alltime list.  Coach Carter almost knocked off a very good BA team with McGue at Qb.  Same great coaches I need to contact!  Thanks for the suggestions!

Yes, Coach Ballard's Greenville program is definitely one I'd love to have on.  Coach Clark at DB has won over 81% of his games and continues to rise on the alltime list.  Coach Carter almost knocked off a very good BA team with McGue at Qb.  Same great coaches I need to contact!  Thanks for the suggestions!

Coach Gaddis @ OR. One of top 10 in victories all time in TN.

Here is link of the last episode from Friday Night.   I had Steve Matthews of Knoxville Catholic, Darren Bowling from Union City, Howard Stone from Columbia, and Ryan Sulkowski of Coffee County on.   I apologize for the recording quality.   Unfortunately we failed to record it at the station as we normally do, so this was a recording from a "Tune In" online App.   Not the best quality, but it is what it is. 

Here is the link to the podcast: The Friday Main Event

Edited by FreeAgent11