Dresden Lions against the Bulldogs of Gleason

ysoangry

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole taking the coach to dinner can really open up a can of worms, Revy. At what point does taking the coach out for dinner become, that kid is only on the field because mom and dad take the coach out? This is the reason people should join the QB club, they are the ones who should be giving the coaches bonuses. Dresden QB club always take care of the coaches to the best of their abilities. I've set in meeting where we've voted on giving bonuses to coaches that basically, wiped out the funds in the QB club (trying to keep them). Pretty amazing that you have 60 kids on the team and only 15 family's are QB club members. And before you get fired up, I do understand some people cant afford the 25 dollars to join but I also know people who can afford it don't join or help with any football functions.

Coach Rang will be taken care of, the QB club will do whatever they can to keep him. Ultimately, it will be up to him if he wants to stay or not. He only signed a one year contract but I think if he stays a couple more years he will have a very stout team. 

Guest hevyrevy1611

The whole taking the coach to dinner can really open up a can of worms, Revy. At what point does taking the coach out for dinner become, that kid is only on the field because mom and dad take the coach out? This is the reason people should join the QB club, they are the ones who should be giving the coaches bonuses. Dresden QB club always take care of the coaches to the best of their abilities. I've set in meeting where we've voted on giving bonuses to coaches that basically, wiped out the funds in the QB club (trying to keep them). Pretty amazing that you have 60 kids on the team and only 15 family's are QB club members. And before you get fired up, I do understand some people cant afford the 25 dollars to join but I also know people who can afford it don't join or help with any football functions.

Coach Rang will be taken care of, the QB club will do whatever they can to keep him. Ultimately, it will be up to him if he wants to stay or not. He only signed a one year contract but I think if he stays a couple more years he will have a very stout team.

You righet bro. I didn't think of maybe the host politicking or trying to sway the coach... since I mind don't work like that I don't assume it of others, I too naive, blind, unwise, and gullible/ "innocent" at times. I just thinking of befriending him and making him welcomed. Well, ok, nix dinners. Focus on QB club helping kerp him, which ALL of those folk in it, founders, members, etc, I can't heap enough praise on QB club. It a great thing!!! I didn't know Rang only sign up for a year. Just more reason to be friendly to him, to encourage & support him in various ways. And if I had kid(s) still playing, only thing I say to coaches is, Where can he get better? How can they improve and be more of an asset to team? Anything I can do to help? ... that was my line of thinking in taking coaches out to dinner. But you right about potential abuse, or even it "looking bad" to others. Maybe instead anonymously sending a gift card to local eatery with a thank you letter would work? The more I see & get to know Derek the more impressed I am, sure do hope he stays. Local folk need to give him reasons to stay is my thinking. Increase his "want to" to be here, to plant roots here. Thanks for keeping me straight and enlightened! This crooked-bodied old blind guy needs it! Ha!

You righet bro. I didn't think of maybe the host politicking or trying to sway the coach... since I mind don't work like that I don't assume it of others, I too naive, blind, unwise, and gullible/ "innocent" at times. I just thinking of befriending him and making him welcomed. Well, ok, nix dinners. Focus on QB club helping kerp him, which ALL of those folk in it, founders, members, etc, I can't heap enough praise on QB club. It a great thing!!! I didn't know Rang only sign up for a year. Just more reason to be friendly to him, to encourage & support him in various ways. And if I had kid(s) still playing, only thing I say to coaches is, Where can he get better? How can they improve and be more of an asset to team? Anything I can do to help? ... that was my line of thinking in taking coaches out to dinner. But you right about potential abuse, or even it "looking bad" to others. Maybe instead anonymously sending a gift card to local eatery with a thank you letter would work? The more I see & get to know Derek the more impressed I am, sure do hope he stays. Local folk need to give him reasons to stay is my thinking. Increase his "want to" to be here, to plant roots here. Thanks for keeping me straight and enlightened! This crooked-bodied old blind guy needs it! Ha!

I wasn't enlightening you, just stating the small town way things work. I really feel sorry for the coaches because it's hard for them to be friends with parents of the kids they coach. Now I don't have a problem beating the last coach in golf cause he cant cut my son's playing time (see how I think). lol

I only mentioned the year contract cause I heard coach Rang mention it at a game. My son has been in the weight room working out when coach Rang was in there and he really likes him. I haven't met him personally but I think he can succeed the next several years at Dresden if he stays.

Hope the new baseball coach can breath some life into that program also.