GREENBACK @ GCA

orngnblk

I did forget about the home game in 09 i believe it was,we were terrible that yr and we had them beat till the end of the game.Freshman Richard Seymour had 150 yrds rushing in first half and we jumped all over them-then...they beat us!

We scored right before halftime to cut it to 42-21. That is still the greatest comeback in GCA history (it was 42-7 at one point). We came out and thought we would roll the ball out there and the Kees would lay down, because we are "The Big GCA". We got hit in the mouth early and often by a team that was prepared to take us down. A few adjustments and our kids finally got the fog outta their heads and played ball, resulted in the comeback. That was the worst flop I've seen GCA ever have, and it hasn't happened again.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only seen one "classic",2012 in 2008 we put a 62 to 30 something thrashing on them.Other than that it hasnt been even close to a Classic game unless you are saying you want them to whip us like usual(and i know thats not what you meant).I wish these games were good games like the Oneida series,tbose games you dont want to miss-these i just cant wait to get past them and hope we are healthy to get ready for the playoffs.

You're giving the Kees too much credit on that 2008 playoff game, you guys only scored SIXTY-ONE on us that night....lol

I did forget about the home game in 09 i believe it was,we were terrible that yr and we had them beat till the end of the game.Freshman Richard Seymour had 150 yrds rushing in first half and we jumped all over them-then...they beat us!

Who was the the GB coach in 09?

As most have pointed out, the GCA-GB series has far more blowouts than close games.  This one will follow suit.  If one breaks it down position by position, GB just does not match up with GCA.  Couple that with what the GB people (not from GCA) are saying about the coaching issues and it adds up to only one thing....a six or seven TD blowout. 

I ask the forum only one question.  What has changed so much from last year to make one believe it will be any different?

As most have pointed out, the GCA-GB series has far more blowouts than close games. This one will follow suit. If one breaks it down position by position, GB just does not match up with GCA. Couple that with what the GB people (not from GCA) are saying about the coaching issues and it adds up to only one thing....a six or seven TD blowout.

I ask the forum only one question. What has changed so much from last year to make one believe it will be any different?

GCA is not the same animal as last year, GB is better than last year. I'm not saying GB blows out GCA or even wins the game but both teams are different than 12 months ago as most teams are.

No secret I'm pulling for GB in this one. That's my heart talking but my head knows GCA is still the elephant in the room.

Edited by crow

As most have pointed out, the GCA-GB series has far more blowouts than close games.  This one will follow suit.  If one breaks it down position by position, GB just does not match up with GCA.  Couple that with what the GB people (not from GCA) are saying about the coaching issues and it adds up to only one thing....a six or seven TD blowout. 

I ask the forum only one question.  What has changed so much from last year to make one believe it will be any different?

I must digress, I thought you were someone else on your previous posts. I believe you are a GCA supporter and you feel confident in this team. I apologize for coming across in a manner unbecoming. Everyone has an opinion.

Back to your question. The thing that has changed, is that this GCA team isn't as powerful offensively as in years past. I don't think any of the kids read this crap. But if they do, it's time to take that as a challenge and hammer the gas pedal down.

I'm not a fan of Ridge, sorry GB fans. I know you guys don't really like McKamey, and that's fine. It's one of those "you love him if he's with you and hate him if he's on the other side". I think that carries a lot of respect as well. That's not the way I feel about Ridge. He added a few good things to GB, but I think he was always looking for a bigger, better job. He jumped at William Blount, who hasn't won anything in the past 50 years. GB is a destination job. You want to go there and you want to stay there. Great tradition, great community, great support. AND, you are in 1A with a great shot at a deep run in the playoffs every year. Unless your last name is Ridge, why would you ever leave that?