District 11AA

Wavotiger10

Final 11-AA Standings for the 2014-2015 Season

1.). Creek Wood (16-0)

2.). Waverly (14-2)

3.). Camden (10-6)

4.). Stewart County/Montgomery Central (9-7)

5.). Stewart County/Montgomery Central (9-7)

6.). Hickman County (8-8)

7.). East Hickman/Fairview/Lewis County (2-14)

8.). East Hickman/Fairview/Lewis County (2-14)

9.). East Hickman/Fairview/Lewis County (2-14)

Coin Tosses tomorrow will determine who hosts the 4 vs 5 matchup between Stewart County/Montgomery Central, who is the 7 seed and travels to Waverly, and who has to meet in the "play-in" game for the right to travel to Creek Wood.

Stewart County won the coin flip and will host Montgomery Central in the 4 vs 5 matchup.

• Upvote 1

Stewart County won the coin toss and will host Montgomery Central in a rematch of last night's game. Tip is Wednesday @ 6pm.

Free throws & turnovers down the stretch hurt the Rebels in the first matchup at home. And in all honesty, we were just a few free throws away from being the #3 team, as it knocked us out of a few games late.

Looking at the other matchups, Creekwood & Waverly should get easy 1st round wins and be able to rest some players late.

Camden/Hickman is an intriguing game in which I expect an upset. Camden barely got by a very weak Fairview team last night. From what I hear, Camden has had one of their top players go down with an injury. That could lead to an unfortunate outcome.

As for the Stewart County/Montgomery Central matchup, I'm a little biased but definitely believe our Rebels can pull out the win. Its always tough playing a team back to back, but if we play smart turnover free basketball and hit from the charity stripe down the stretch, we can take home a victory.

After the 1st round is complete, I'm not seeing any major upsets. Creekwood should walk into the championship game and Waverly shouldnt have too much trouble either.

Definitely looking forward to how things shake up next week and hope to see yall at Creekwood!

SCRebelNation

Agree with you on all your picks with the possible exception of Camden losing to Hickman . If Vick is healthy I will go with Camden in a close one. Cw and waverly will win easily. Stewart will win by double digits . MC is not playing very good right now and it's a bad time to be playing bad. Stewart seems to be peaking at the right time . Semis will be fun at cw

Agree with you on all your picks with the possible exception of Camden losing to Hickman . If Vick is healthy I will go with Camden in a close one. Cw and waverly will win easily. Stewart will win by double digits . MC is not playing very good right now and it's a bad time to be playing bad. Stewart seems to be peaking at the right time . Semis will be fun at cw

Yes I agree, Vick's health is determining factor for that game. Just from seeing the box score of Camden's previous matchup against Fairview got me thinking upset. Then again, the game might not have been as close as it looked either if they had a big lead until the end of the 4th. I'm not sure how close that game truly was. 

Stewart County topped Montgomery Central 63-41 tonight.

MC was up 14-12 at the end of 1, then the Rebels made a big run in the 2nd outscoring the Indians 25-6 and taking a 37-20 halftime lead. 

SC maintained control the rest of the game with balanced scoring and good defense.

Now they will play Creekwood at their house Friday evening. I would love to see the biggest upset of the year. Maybe, just maybe we will see that 0.00001% of the Rebels winning actually come true. 

Any other updates from around the district?

District Scoreboard

(according to CoachT)

Stewart County - 63

Montgomery Central - 42

Creekwood - 87

Lewis County - 42

Camden - 62

Hickman County - 60

Waverly - 68

East Hickman - 30

All games as expected last night. The Camden game was a little closer than I would've thought but I guess with the leading scorer only playing at half speed and the point guard not playing at all that translates into a close game. The other players all stepped up big time and helped carry the load. Friday night will be tough playing Waverly and being shorthanded.