Pre-Season TN/KY Top 40 HS Poll

KYTNGBB

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a good list of teams and nice to see people represented on things with there team, but when you do these things and rank teams please make sure that you have accurate information on all the teams listed before you post it on social media.

What information might you be talking about? We became aware of one transfer after we released the rankings & if that team doesn't perform the way we expect, they'll move down.

Some good teams on the list...But I don't see Dyer Co as a top 5 team, probably not in the top 20. No way they are ahead of Ridgeway (should be higher), Mt Juliet , Oakland or probably even Riverdale. They are a good team, not trying to slight them. I just don't think they are better than the others. But McGraw also had McCord as the #1 coach in his poll. They must be related or something. I think MLK and Rossview should both be on the list. Both made the state tournament last season and from what I saw this summer, don't seemed to have dropped of much. Both should be top 10 in TN in their respective classes. 

Dyer Co. is going to be really good this year. One of the best in west TN for sure. You make a valid statement about Ridgeway. I see Ridgeway giving Dyer Co. problems in the post. Dyer Co. lacks a true big that is over 6'. Ridgeway has several bigs that are legit! Over all, guard wise, I think Dyer Co. is as good as anyone in Triple A (besides Blackman). I think Dyer Co. will be right in the mix for making it to state, but it also wouldn't surprise me to see them stumble with Jaida Roper and Houston or even Ridgeway for that matter. If Dyer Co. does make it to state, I see them competing with everyone there except for Blackman (and no one will compete with them). Triple A will be interesting this year to say the least. Blackman is definitely the front-runner for the championship, but after them, I think the rest of the top teams in Triple A are on a somewhat even playing field.

I think MLK and Rossview should both be on the list. Both made the state tournament last season and from what I saw this summer, don't seemed to have dropped of much. Both should be top 10 in TN in their respective classes. 

MLK and Rossview were both in the receiving consideration section of the poll.

MLK plays a weak schedule & lost in the first round of the state tournament to a Westview team we don't have ranked in the top 40..

Rossview lost their all-time leading scorer in Janie White.. It won't be easy for them to replace her 19 points and 8 rebounds per game that she put up for them last season. 

MLK and Rossview were both in the receiving consideration section of the poll.

MLK plays a weak schedule & lost in the first round of the state tournament to a Westview team we don't have ranked in the top 40..

Rossview lost their all-time leading scorer in Janie White.. It won't be easy for them to replace her 19 points and 8 rebounds per game that she put up for them last season. 

I see your point. I don't have a dog in the fight. I just know that those were 2 of the best teams  I saw play this summer. But summer camp is summer camp.